In every situation – open field, orchard, vineyard or greenhouse – Irritec has designed the best irrigation system to meet your needs. To find out more, our sales team is happy to respond to your individual requirements.
Mini irrigation units are next stage in the evolution from traditional irrigation with its large flow, high pressure and long jet range (self-propelled and large-scale irrigation units), increasingly impractical these days due to its questionable effects on crops and the environment.
In fact an old-fashioned irrigation system can be replaced with standing irrigation units with low flow rates, low pressure and short to medium jet range.
The lower volume is the meeting point of localised drip irrigation and traditional irrigation methods. Low flow is not an alternative to drip irrigation, but often complementary to it.
- Energy saving: The system operates at low pressure (2 to 5 bar), low flow rate and low precipitation rate, from 2 to 5 mm/h, equivalent to 20-50 m³/h/ha.
- Saves water and fertiliser by greater control of soaking depth in the soil due to more efficient system
- Reduced costs of installation: the use of pressure compensating irrigation units with low flow rate allows branches to be longer.
- Reduced labour costs: greater areas can be irrigated with the same amount of available water, and the system can easily be automated.
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability to crop and land conditions (large and small plots).
- Central or head installations (pumping, buried and surface tubes, filters etc) are smaller and therefore less costly than in similar systems.