ISONEM - Anti-snow and Anii-ice Solution
From Spray Products
The pecuniary losses and intangible damages caused by the severe winter all around the world are at serious levels. Millions of dollars are spent for fight against snow and icing and then the damaged roads and vehicles are negative consequences. Beside the pecuniary losses caused by the heavy equipments, the depreciation of the asphalt roads of which each kilometer costs thousands of dollars is another loss. Until now, the classical methods have been used in respect of anti-/de-ice actions and the harms of these methods have been underestimated.
The classical methods are active processes. Removing of the ice on the road operates on the principle of providing safety by increasing the friction on the road. Mostly, the abrasive substances are used. These are rock salt, sand, pebble and urea. The accidents occur at high levels at the classical methods. The labor costs reach to high levels. At the same time, material use increases at the same levels. It gives serious harms to the infrastructure and environment due to its high corrosive effect. The classical methods do not display activity at very low temperatures. As it is deactivated, it can be interfered just after snowing or storm. As inadequate in application, it causes time loss.Solution is a mixture that prevents snow and ice on the highways and other external surfaces.
The corrosive effect of the solution is low and it does not have any toxicological effect for the environment. Moreover, it can show its anti-ice effect even at the lowest temperatures. Its use is easier when compared to the classical salt surfacing method. As the product is liquid, when it is applied by blasting on the external surface, a homogenous application is achieved. The chloride salts applied in the classical methods lose their de-ice abilities after -8 °C. Moreover, such salts have serious negative effects on the environment. Due to the corrosive effects of these salts for the roads, the application causes serious maintenance costs. But, as the solution has high ion concentrations, it can be effective until -50 °C. As the substances used in its content are completely natural, they don't have any harmful effect for the environment.
What is ISONEM ANTI ICE?
- It is a chemical liquid prevents the ice formation and adhesion of the snow onto the road surface.
- It gives high efficiency when applied prior to formation of snow and ice, but it can be applied after snow-ice formation.
- It prevents ice formation by creating anti-freeze effect.
- Thanks to the film layer it created, it causes the snowfall to melt and prevent it from adhering to the road.
- It is moisture holding and stays on the surface even in the heavy traffic conditions.
- It is effective for long time. It is rapidly applied and economize labor and time.
- It yields good results also at very low temperatures
Advantages of Isonem Anti Ice: According to the statistics, in ISONEM ANTI-ICE applications, there have been observed the following decreases;
- %85 in accidents
- %68 in labor
- %83 in material use.
Isonem Anti Ices now and Ice Preventive and Solving is a chemical liquid that prevents formation of ice and adhesion of the snow onto the road surface. It prevents delays and solves freeze on snowy and icy ground. It is liquid in physical structure. It is colourless and its pH is between 6 and 6,5. It gives high efficiency when applied prior to formation of snow and ice, but it can be applied after snow-ice formation. It prevents ice formation by creating anti-freeze effect. Thanks to the film layer it created, it causes the snowfall to melt and prevent it from adhering to the road. It is moisture holding and stays on the surface even in the heavy traffic conditions. It is effective for long time. It is rapidly applied and economizes labor and time.
Isonem Anti-Ice Properties:
- It is water-based, saturated, mixture of balanced minerals.
- Its freezing point is - 50°.
- It does not contain glycol and its derivatives, its active substances are not volatile.
- It is not inflammable.
- It is not harmful for human, animal and plant health.
- It is antibacterial.
Isonem Anti Ice Areas of Use
- To melt snow and ice on roads, asphalts and bridges,
- To ensure pedestrians to walk safely on the pavements,
- On roads, highways, airports, gas stations, building entries, stadiums, etc.,
Consumption: According to the studies conducted and our experience till now in the inter-provincial applications; on a 230 cm wide collector, injection heads are placed at 10 cm intervals. The diameter of the injection head is 7 mm. This collector are applied on 2,5 m wide road. The pump outlet pressure is set as 2 bars. When the tanker moves at 40 km/ h, the whole product (10 tones) is consumed. So, 100 g ice solving solution is used per m².
Calculation Of Application (By 10.000 kg application tanker):
- Amount per m : 100 gram
- Collector Sweep Width: 2.50 m
- Speed of Application Vehicle:40km/h
- Applied Area:100.000 m²
- Amount of Solution Used:10.000 Kg
- These values were achieved on 2 cm icy flat ground, at -15 °C and they are approximate values.