iXon - Model 897 - Ultra Camera
Facilitated by a fundamental redesign, the NEW iXon Ultra platform takes the popular back-illuminated 512 x 512 frame transfer sensor and overclocks readout to 17 MHz, pushing speed performance to an outstanding 56 fps (full frame), whilst maintaining quantitative stability throughout.The status of ‘Ultimate Sensitivity’ is also preserved in this model, offering thermoelectric cooling down to -100°C and industry-lowest clock induced charge noise. Additional unique features of the iXon Ultra include USB connectivity and direct raw data access for on the fly processing. EMCCD and conventional CCD readout modes provide heightened application flexibility, with a new ‘low and slow’ noise performance in CCD mode.
The significant speed boost offered in the iXon Ultra 897 facilitates a new level of temporal resolution to be attained, ideal for speed challenged low-light applications such as super-resolution microscopy, single molecule tracking, ion signalling, cell motility, single photon counting, lucky astronomy and adaptive optics. The extremely low noise of the iXon 897 coupled with the new overclocked speed performance will place this model at the forefront when it comes to upgrading the high end imaging performance of your laboratory.
The new iXon Ultra platform takes the popular back-illuminated 512 x 512 frame transfer sensor and overclocks readout to 17 MHz, pushing speed performance to an outstanding 56 fps (full frame), whilst maintaining single photon sensitivity and quantitative stability throughout.
- Overclocked to 17 MHz readout for 56 fps full frame
- Single Photon Sensitive
- EX2 Technology for wider QE response
- TE Cooling to -100 °C
- Fringe Suppression
- Overclocked to 17 MHz readout
- Optically Centred Crop Mode (live cell super-resolution)
- EX2 Technology
- TE cooling to -100'C
- Fringe Suppression Technology
- Count Convert
- Minimal Clock-Induced Charge
- USB 2 0 Ultra\fec™ Spurious Noise Filter
- Direct Data Access
- Enhanced Photon Counting Modes
- Superior Baseline Clamp and EM Stability
- Low Noise CCD Mode
- FPGA Time stamp
- Pushes frames to 56 fps (full frame). 595 fps with 128 x 128 cropped sensor mode
- Continuous imaging with fastest possible frame rate from centrally positioned ROIs. Highly enabling for live cell super-resolution and much more (eg. 569 fps with 128 x 128 ROD
- Extended OE response, beyond standard back-illuminated
- Critical for elimination of darkcurrent detection limit
- Absolute EMCCD gain selectable directly from a linear and quantitative scale
- Reduced etaloning in NIR
- Optimize the highly flexible iXon for different application requirements at the click of a button
- Quantitatively capture and view data in electrons or incident photons Applied either in real time or postprocessing. Count Convert does this important conversion for you.
- Patented user-initiated self-recalibration of EM gain
- Exposure time fast switching provides market leading acquisition efficiency.
- Unique pixel clocking parameters, yielding minimized spurious noise floor.
- True universal 'plug and play'. No internal card required for compatibility Operates readily on laptop at top speed.
- Critical for sustained vacuum integrity and to maintain unequalled cooling and OE performance, year after year 7 year vacuum warranty
- Intelligent algorithms to filter clock induced charge events from the background Real time or post-processing
- Camera Link output port to facilitate direct access to data for 'on the fly' processing
- Intuitive single photon counting modes to overcome multiplicative noise. Real time or post-processing
- Essential for quantitative accuracy of dynamic measurements
- 2 in i' flexibility. EMCCD for ultra-sensitivity at speed, conventional CCD for longer acquisitions
- Hardware generated timestamp with 10 ns accuracy