Kellands - Model M380 & M420 - Multidrive Machine
Available in 3.8 and 4.2m wheelbase options, the Multidrive is a proven, multi-purpose vehicle both in the field and on the road.
The Multidrive World Series cab provides the operator with a large, comfortable working environment. The unit is controlled and analysed through the AMC panel on the right hand side of the operator, with precise fingertip controls for the mounted implement within easy reach.
Wheel choicesThe choice of wheels and tyres starts with 10 basic configurations allowing customers the opportunity to spec every facet of the machine’s build and performance.
On the road
Using a John Deere 6 cylinder 195hp engine means the Multidrive is both powerful and economical. The engine is linked to a ZF automatic gearbox, with power transferred to the mechanical drive axles, which are equipped with independent hydraulic brakes. Add this to all round coil suspension (air suspension optional) and the results are a safe and comfortable 50km/h on the road, with the ability to carry up to 10 tonnes.
In the field
In the field, the operator can use this power and sure footing to great effect. With 4 mode pentatonic steering and large diameter wheel gear, the Multidrive offers excellent traction, stability and low ground pressure. This results in crop and soil structure damage being kept to a minimum. With its excellent field of vision and easy to use controls, the Multidrive makes easy work of even the most difficult conditions.
As well as being able to carry large capacity spray packs, the Multidrive also has the ability to carry a wide range of implements. This results in a machine that can not only spray chemicals, but also apply both liquid and solid fertilisers. Mounting and demounting of the implement is a quick and simple job, demount legs are available as an option and all connections are fitted with quick releases.
- 2 Wheel Steering – For use on the road and in the field, offers precise front wheel steering only. The rear wheels automatically re-align when selecting this option
- 4 Wheel steering – Selecting 4 wheel steer allows full power front and rear steering, ensuring precise tracking in confined spaces and tight headland turns
- Delay mode steering – Especially useful for travelling in tramlines, this option allows only the front wheels to steer until a preset angle is reached, only then the rear wheels follow. Allows minor corrections to be made on straights, while maintaining the capability of the machine to perform tight turns
- Crab steering – This mode is predominantly used for preventing side slip on steep inclines. A secondary use is to provide individual wheel markings to reduce soil compaction on soft ground
Flexible and versatile
Spreaders, sprayers, air-port de-icers are among the hundreds of customised models created using the Multidrive platform. We offer thousands of different build options and will help you design a unique custom-spec machine.
Multidrive is a dedicated specialist load carrier and hauler. Each model has high payload to unladen weight, high capacity and a mechanical drive- line for efficiency and simplicity
- 10 tonne payload on a true flat-bed
- Large volume capable of carrying up to- 5,000 litre sprayer, 8 tonne spreader hopper
- 18 tonnes, legal trailer hauling at 50km/h
- Capability to carry and haul simultaneously
Both Multidrive models feature a John Deere PowerTech engine, which delivers an excellent combination of power, strength and high torque reserves, whilst maintaining excellent fuel efficiency.
- High torque, John Deere 6 cylinder 195hp engine.
- ZF Automatic gearbox with power transferred to mechanical drive axles.
- 50km/h road speed
- Full trailing arm suspension to front and rear axles with optional air suspension.
A wide range of optional equipment is available from Multidrive, such as demountable sprayers and spreaders or from a growing list of approved suppliers of crop protection and ancillary equipment.
- Wide choice of wheel/tyre combinations from 300 to 750mm wide row crop or flotation
- 4 or 6 pin, detachable frame system integrates with a wide variety of spraying and spreading packs
- Towbar and optional outboard hydraulic linkage
- Automatic pick-up hitch
- Choice of PTO systems
Heavy duty front and rear steering axles are specified to provide safe and reliable carrying of heavy loads. Strong differentials and four planet hub reduction gears are used, to enable full engine power to be transmitted reliably to the wheels.
- Simple to operate
- Pentronic 4-wheel, 5 mode steering system
- Low ground pressure
- High traction 4 wheel drive
- High manoeuvrability
- Ground hugging suspension system
Inboard oil immersed multi-plate disc brakes ensure safe, reliable and powerful braking whilst carrying or hauling the largest of loads.
- Full roll-over protective cage with side escape door
- Automatic, adaptive transmission
- Independent hydraulic power braking to both axles
- Disc park brake with fully laden holding capability on 50% incline
- Unique easy-access engine compartment
The World Series safety cab with tinted glazing provides excellent protection with panoramic vision. An efficient climate control air conditioning system enhances the operator environment for higher comfort and productivity.
- Ergonomically designed cab layout
- Outstanding visibility
- Climate control air conditioning
- Trailing arm and coil spring suspension
- 3.8 metre wheel base
- Purpose built ladder type with DOMEX high tensile steel C-Sections & bolted cross members
- 4 or 6 point quick-attach implement mounting system
- John Deere 6-cylinder 6.8 litre PowerTech
- 195 hp/144 kw @ 2000 r.p.m
- 785Nm/579 lb/ft @ 1500 r.p.m
- ZF 6WG160 fully automatic with torque converter lock-up & manual over-ride
- Six forward & three reverse gears operated with single lever control
- Electrically operated 2/4WD select
- Lockable centre diff and parking brake
- Heavy duty front and rear steering with switch operated differential locks
- Planetary reduction hubs and dual circuit power operated multi-plate oil immersed brakes
- 72” – 80” track
- Pentronic 5-function Four-Wheel-Steering system
- 2WS, 4WS,
- Crab, Delay-1 & Delay-2
- A-frame trailing arm front and H-frame trailing arm rear
- Coil & rubber springs
- Heavy duty shock absorbers
- Load sensing 45cc + 33cc gear pump. PTO output with in-cab controls
- 1 x D/A spool valve, diverter valve & kit to suit implement electro-hydraulic system
- Side mounted oil tank with filter & gauge
- World series mid-mounted cab with all-round tinted glass for panoramic vision
- Climate controlled air conditioning
- Stereo/CD player
- KAB suspension seat with lap belt & arm rests
- Adjustable steering column
- AMC digital dash instrument display
- Control console for implement control gear
- Buddy seat
- Work lights
- Aerolite twin LED flashing beacon
- Large side mirrors on adjustable arms
- Wide/deep anti-slip access steps
- 2-stage easy access/hinged bonnet assembly
- Stainless steel exhaust pipe
- 300 litre side mounted fuel tank
- Front & rear road lights
- Front mudguards
- 7-pin trailer lighting socket at rear
Tyre & fixed center wheels
- Michelin Multibib 540/65 R30
- Michelin Axiobib 620/75 R30
- Michelin Axiobib 650/75 R30
- Michelin MachXbib 710/55 R30
- Alliance 385 18.4 R34
- Michelin Multibib 600/65 R34
- Kleber Super-3 300/95 R46
- Michelin Agribib 340/85 R46
- Michelin Agribib 380/90 R46
- Michelin SprayBib 380/90 R46
- Uprated hydraulic systems and oil coolers.
- Additional hydraulic spool valves.
- 7.5 cfm Air compressor kit – side mounted air tank & dryer system.
- Front & Rear load-sensitive air suspension (In-lieu of standard springs)
- Range of drawbars or hydraulic pick-up hitches.
- Hydraulic and/or air trailer brake systems.
- Alternative mudguards to suit particular wheels & tyres.
- Instrument mounting bracket – in cab.
- KAB Air suspension seat.
- Carbon cab filters (in-lieu of standard card filters).
- Bolt on step extension.
- Rear screen wipe/wash.
- Galvanized chassis finish.
- Stainless steel fuel & hydraulic tanks.
- 10,000kg including implement & product
- 18,000kg Hauling Capacity
- 50 km/h maximum