Kelp Meal from Acadian Seaplants
From Feed Supplements
Kelp is the richest single source of trace minerals. Pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands benefit from the trace minerals Kelp Meal supplies. Since Kelp Meal provides nutrients essential to these vital glands, it helps to balance the entire animal system. Modern intensive farming practices have resulted in soils with deficiencies that are reflected in the low nutritional content of grasses and grains grown on these soils, and in the health of animals raised and maintained on these crops. Lush and otherwise nutritious grasses may fail to supply the needs of animals because certain trace elements are missing.
Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed, from the cold North Atlantic, has been used for centuries as a natural source feed supplement. Today, thanks to modern processing technologies, the benefits of ascophyllum nodosum seaweed are available in a cost-effective, dried, granular form that can be conveniently added into the regular feeding program. The kelp is 100% solar dried to ensure its nutrient rich properties are preserved.
Why we recommend Kelp Meal:
- Boosts the immune system by strengthening the glandular systems;
- Improves conception rates and increases the number of normal healthy births;
- Promotes regular heat cycles;
- Increases sperm counts, motility and durability;
- Stimulates appetite and improves digestive capacity;
- Raises production and performance levels;
- Produces healthy coats;
- Maximizes overall animal health;
- Helps to detoxify the body after exposure to moldy feeds (see Mold Inhibitors);
- Can be mixed directly into the feed, top dressed onto the feed or fed free choice.
- Available in 25kg and 3kg bags
- Kelp Meal as a dry hay additive will act as an aflatoxin binder and a mold inhibitor.
- Kelp Meal is valuable as a mold inhibitor and as a soil amendment.