Kerian - Sort Products
The Kerian Sizer will quickly and accurately sort most products (fruits, vegetables or nuts) by size. Twelve standard models are designed for different capacities and from two to ten sizes, and by varying the type of roller and several other details the Kerian Sizer is customized for each application. We look forward to engineering exactly what you need to solve your sizing needs.
- Gentle: Separates without damaging peaches, apples, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes.
- Accurate: Precisely grades grape tomatoes, cherries, nuts, and small berries, maintaining that accuracy for larger products including cantaloupes and pineapple.
- Fast: Thirteen standard models custom-designed to meet your needs sort from 1000 lb/hr to 100,000 lb/hr.
- Simple: Effective but simple design provides a rugged, low cost, low maintenance machine at a high value to our customers. It can even be used in the field!
- Versatile: Specialized rollers allow for the accurate sizing of round products (potatoes, onions, and citrus), long products (carrots, russets, and cucumbers), and irregular products (bell peppers, jalapenos, and garlic).
Rollers designed for your product - The expanding rollers ride on V-pulleys, rotating and orienting the produce. Overroller turning flaps spread and align the product. Some roller types in use are:
Accuracy in sizing - The Kerian Sizer is equipped with an exclusive patented roller drive that is selected for your particular sizing needs. Whether a standard or special application, the choice is from over 1000 drive patterns presently in use. A custom design is also available for a small additional charge.
No bruising or skinning - Your product is gently rotated and carried along on moving rollers, with direct separation onto a conveyor, delivery pan, or flume.
Easy adjustment features - Easily-movable dividers for precise size selection and full adjustment. Dividers can be easily added or subtracted to change the number of sizes. The legs are adjustable over one foot of height. The footpads accept standard 6-inch casters.
Low power consumption - Standard single or 3-phase TEFC motors range from 1 to 2 HP.
Built in durability - The frame is rigid 2x5 steel tubing and all parts are made with precision to last for many years. We pre-test every machine before it is shipped.
- Custom Separation - If none or the standard patterns fit your unique application, we can design a separation to your exact specifications. Accurate within 1/64 inch.
- Corrosion Protection - Imron Polyurethane paint provides extra protection for high acid or salt conditions. Recommended for some food processing applications are stainless steel rollers, stainless contact points, or an all stainless Sizer.
- Portability - Heavy-duty casters with a swivel-locking feature bolt onto the legs for easy movability. Also available is a cart and hitch to take the Kerian Sizer right into the field. The compact Kerian Sizer can also be incorporated in a machine harvester.
- Takeaway Conveyors - Single, double, or triple belt tables carry your product to either side of the Sizer. Included are channeling for separate lanes and side delivery as needed. Side conveyors are also available.
- Elevators - Peg apron or finger flighted belt elevators, either stand-alone or Sizer-mounted, are designed to 'fit' with the Sizer.
- Lubrication Systems - Centralized lubrication panels and automatic roller lubrication simplify maintenance procedures.
- Other Options - An over-end roller assembly allows delivery of large product off the end of the Sizer. The vertical takeaway clearance can be increased as needed for chutes or flumes with the assistance of an over-end damping assembly. The Sizer can also be provided with triple-seal ball bearings throughout to provide long-life service in harsh environments. Rigid platforms raise the Sizer to any desired height. Variable-speed operation can be achieved either by mechanical or electrical adjustment.