KISSS - Ebb&Flow System
When pots or seedling trays are placed on the saturated mat, the downward pressure brings water through the ground cover and into contact with the pots, causing water to rise into contact with media at the bottom and side openings. Capillary action then lifts the water into the root zone of plants. The top surface of media remains dry for all or most of the time, reducing evaporation and inhibiting growth of weeds and algae.
Movement of water through the geotextile layer is influenced by the moisture content of the media in pots in a way that ensures water goes where it is needed most. The driest pots have the greatest attraction for water. When pots are fully wet, no more water is absorbed from the mat. The irrigation event is therefore terminated when each pot reaches an ideal moisture content.
When the irrigation is finished, free water drains from the mat breaking the capillary connection with the media and leaving the pot on a dry surface.
- Save up to 60% water compared to overhead systems
- Fully automated
- Improves plant uniformity
- Less nutrient runoff from growing areas and lower fertiliser costs
- Dry surface means fewer weeds and lower incidence of foliar diseases
- Directs rain & irrigation water to your storage tank or dam
- Standard non capillary pots and a variety of potting mixes are suitable