Knowles - Model 579-5, 579-7 and 579-9 - Coulter Chisel Plow
This high quality chisel plow is made of solid plate and channel steel. Heavy draw bar is adjustable to various heights. Individual spring mounting of coulters prevents damage when striking rocks and other solid objects. 20' diameter coulter blades cut up stalks and stubble and improve the work done by the 4' twisted shovels. 31' spring cushioned shanks make deep penetration possible. Coulters can be raised above ground when not needed. Dual hydraulic lift system independently sets desired coulter and shank depths. Coulter hubs rotate on tapered roller bearings with triple lip seals.
- Frame: 5/8 x 8' plate and 8' x 19# channel.
- Hitch: 5' channel and 4' sq. x 1/4' tubular A-frame construction.
- Jack Stand: Adjustable heavy-duty type.
- Shanks: 2' x 1-1/4' edge bent and heat treated. 31' high clearance type.
- Chisels: 4' twisted shovels on 15' spacing.
- Coulters: 20' diameter solid, individually spring-mounted.
- Springs: Tempered steel.
- 579-5 and 579-7: 15 x 8.00 with 11L x 15 8-ply tires.
- 579-9: 15 x 10 with 12.5L x 15 8-ply tires.
- Renewable bushings and grease fittings extend the life of the machine.
**Cutting width of each model can be increased 2-1/2 feet by adding a pair of extensions.
**Bolt-together construction allows for economical shipping when knocked down.