KRM - Model 2311 - Sola Drill
From Sola Drill
Heavy duty Elite tine coulters mounted in four rows make this drill ideal for plough based or Min-Till applications. Available in 4, 4.5, 4.8, 5 and 6 meter working widths. The 2311 can be used as a solo drill or fitted with a cultivator for increased versatility.
- Quality sowing means better germination and more even emergence, using less horsepower,less fuel and in less time for significant crop establishment cost savings.
- Elite tine coulters are mounted in four rows on equal length arms. Pressure is supplied by a heavy duty spring positioned at a shallow angle below the tine. This geometry ensures that for each movement of the tip the corresponding deflection of the spring is small resulting in more even pressure and therefore depth. This system works equally well when shallow drilling (rape) or deep drilling (peas) as well as in varying soil conditions.
- Arranged over 4 evenly spaced rows for maximum clearance, the Elite tine coulters are able to handle large amounts of surface trash without blockage.
- The solatronic control box monitors all key areas of sowing including; forward speed, area sown, fan speed, hopper level and tramline management.
- Further details of this and other electronic solutions for variable rate drilling can be found.
- When on a tramline bout the tramline valves save seed back to the tank, preventing over sowing and ensuring a clean start to each tramline. As standard two shutoffs are used per wheeling, three can be specified to accommodate large/flotation tyres.
- Heavy duty, shear bolt protected markers leave an easily visible mark. The angle of the large diameter marker disc's can be adjusted to ensure a clear mark is left in difficult seed beds. The tramlining sequence is advanced automatically when the operator moves the markers.
- The position of the metering unit makes calibration and rate setting simple. Rather than being tucked under the center of the hopper the metering unit is located at the front left hand corner greatly improving access.
- The central metering unit offers precise control of sowing rate from 2 to 400kg/ha and ensures even seed spacing. The seed is metered into a high speed air stream then distributed to the individual coulters. This unit offers easy calibration, simple setting and fast hopper emptying.
- Drive for the metering unit is supplied by a shaft from one of the drills large flotation wheels ensuring constant drive. Accurate calibration is performed simply by turning the wheel and collecting the metered seed. To prevent the wheel running on when the drill is lifted at the headland a brake wheel is fitted.
- The sowing depth is set centrally using two ratchet adjusters. The parallel linkage design ensures equal depth across the four row of coulters. Wing support wheels are standard across the range. Mounted at the extremity of the wing these wheels allow the frame to follow ground contours. To ensure accurate depth setting the wing support wheels are fitted with an identical depth scale to those on the central depth adjusters.
- Hydraulic folding is standard and incorporates fully automatic hydraulic locks for the coulter frame. This eliminates the need to use manual catches or insert pins prior to road work.
- Two rows of staggered following harrow tines leave a level seedbed. The maximum working depth of the tines can be adjusted as can tine pressure and angle.