Kuhn Knight - Model 1160 - Manure Spreader
Superior Spread Performance in Solid Material
• Feedlot manure
• Dairy manure
• Poultry litter
• Other materials
Innovative Box Construction
• All-welded construction
• Full-width axle
• Direct-pull tongue
• Double-strength sides
• Two-piece poly floor
• The high-density, two-piece, solid poly floor reduces friction and winter freeze-down to provide trouble-free service and long life.
• This solid floor provides more durability than individual tongue and groove boards and requires less power for unloading vs alternative floors.
• The all-welded construction provides a solid framework and includes a reinforced tongue that pulls directly from the full-width axle tube.
• The inverted U-channel cross members support the poly floor providing superior strength when dumping in heavy loads.
Lower Side Frame Overlap
• The lower side and frame overlap provides added strength and double protection against rust through.
• Inverted U-channel cross members provide superior floor strength and reduce corrosion by eliminating trapped material.
Removable Beater Assembly
• The beater assembly on the 1159 model is easily removed or installed to save wear and tear on the beaters when stockpiling manure.
• The entire beater assembly can be easily taken off or installed in less than 1/2 hour.
Apron Shaft Assembly
• This welded assembly is twice as strong as keyed sprockets that some competitive spreaders use and has no keys to shear.
• The entire welded sprocket assembly can be easily removed on all models for service or replacement.
Accessible Roller Chain
• The simple roller chain drive for the beater driveline is easily accessible for lubrication and routine maintenance through the pivoting front door.
• Built-in convenient hose storage keeps hoses off the ground and hydraulic tips clean to help eliminate oil contamination.
Solid, Reliable, Long Lasting Performer
• 10-year warranty on side rust-throughand poly floor
• Simple and dependable
• Spread or stockpile
• Easy to service and maintain
- Overall Length: 310'
- Inside Box Length: 228'
- Inside Box Depth: 39'
- Height to Top of Upper Beater: 104'
- Loading Height: 100'
- Height with Hydraulic Endgate: 110'
- Inside Box Width: 81 1/2'
- Tread Width: 100'
- Ground clearance: 14'
- Overall Height: 112'
- Overall Width: 100'
- Unit Weight: 10,325 lbs
- Capacity - Cubic Feet
- struck level: 430
- heaped: 625
- Number of Standard: 2
- Number of Paddles per Beater: 16
- Lower Diameter: 20'
- Upper Diameter: 20'
- Paddle Thickness: 1/2'
- Bolt-on Paddles: YES
- Number: 2
- Shaft Diameter: 2'
- Sprockets: 8 tooth drop-forged steel
- Chain: 667XH pintle
- Slat Size: 1/4'x1 1/4'x1 3/4'
- Slats per Apron: 41
- Drive: Hydraulic
- PTO Drive: RPM - 1000; Overload Protection: Shear-bolt
- Box and Trailer Construction
- Front Panel and sides: 10 GA.
- Floor: 3/4' Poly
- Trailer Axle: Tandem
- Spindles: 3 3/8'
- Hubs: HD 10-bolt
- Trailer Tongue Weight: 12%
- Tractor Requirements - PTO HP: 140