From Grain Handling
Sukup Bucket Elevators incorporate industry leading technology and are built to your specifications. UHMW seals on all shafts, durable SOFR rubber belting, heavy-gauge trunking, oversized access ports, and Low Impact Head design make this elevator the engineering benchmark for grain handling.
- Low-impact, controlled discharge head design with split-style hood allows for easy interior accessibility
- Externally-mounted, heavy-duty pillow block bearings include adjustability with standard jack bolts on head.
- Lifting eyes are located on the hood of the elevator to ease hood assembly and removal
- Adjustable throat wiper.
- Interior lip to keep moisture out and dust in
- Expanded metal-back urethane liner standard on 36” and larger
- Tapered bushing at pulley to eliminate lateral movement
- Split hood allows for easy interior accessibility without having to completely remove the hood.
- Easy, tool-free access doors at head.
- Heavy structual frame on head.
- Heavy-duty, crowned face, slide lagged head pulley
- Head platforms come preassembled from factory.
- Ball Bearings come standard on head shaft sizes 3 7/16” and smaller. Sukup utilizes Roller Bearings for head shaft sizes 3 15/16” and larger. Roller Bearings are optional on all smaller bucket elevators. Split Roller Bearings come standard on 5 7/16” and larger head shaft sizes.
- Square, parallel, fixture-welded, dust- and weather-tight heavy-gauge trunking with large removable panels on inspection section
- Squaring plates and alignment pins (patent pending) are at the top and bottom of every section to align trunking and eliminate twisted trunk sections, making assembly easier.
- Turned, ground and polished shaft.
- Optional gravity take-up.
- Standard and flared inlet hoppers
- Large, easy, tool-free access doors with a unique spring latch and rollers on each end.
- Externally-mounted, heavy-duty pillow block bearings
- Smooth, crown-faced boot pulley.
- Hat section at bottom of clean-out doors to minimize contact with concrete
- Corrosion-resistant Acme screw take-up
- Bolted construction for easy repair and replacement
- Static conductive, Oil resistant, and Fire Retardant (SOFR) rubber belting is standard on all Sukup bucket elevators.
- Belt Misalignment Sensors
- Spiral Winged Pulley Increased pulley-to-belt contact over winged pulley. Eliminates noise caused by winged pulleys.
- Gravity Take-Up Eases overall use of your bucket elevator. Maintains proper belt tension, and reduces maintenance.
- High-density, non-sparking, polyethylene buckets.
- Nylon, urethane and steel buckets are optional when moving highly abrasive materials.
- Vented buckets are also available.
- Large platforms increases safety because there is more room to work.
- A Winged Pulley prevents material collecting on the pulley face.
- Standard and Flared Inlet Hoppers Also available with optional 10 gauge abrasion-resistant liners.
- Guy Brackets
- Shovel Pockets
- Motion Sensors
- Ceramic Chip Urethane Lining
- Bearing and Surface Sensors
- Ladder & Cage Assembly
- Reducer Backstops