LEVUCELL - Model SB - Occurring Active Dry Yeast Feed
Levucell SB is a unique, naturally occurring active dry yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae boulardii I-1079, scientifically selected to help support a normal digestive system balance. This direct fed microbial, or probiotic, has been shown to help maintain the natural microflora in the large and small intestine, especially during periods of stress. Levucell SB Advantage is a ready-to-use formulation that also is easy-to-blend. Levucell SB 20 is a highly concentrated product that is ideal for low inclusion applications (e.g. feed additive machines, vitaminmineral premixes, etc). Levucell SB is available as a Titan product, which is the patented micro-encapsulation technology that allows for the product to be pelletized and remain viable.
Sows and Piglets
Research trials have shown that feeding Levucell® SB in sow and nursery diets can have a positive impact on production in the form of:
- Reduced sow body weight loss during lactation1,2
- Reproductive improvements of fewer days to estrus after farrowing3
- Improved milk quality, specifically significant improvements on fat content and energy4
- Improved litter weights5
- Improved piglet growth and feed efficiency6
In one North American study, feeding Levucell® SB in grow/finish diets resulted in a positive impact on production in the form of:
- Significantly heavier hot carcass weight — 7.3 lbs greater for Levucell SB supplemented pigs when compared with controls7
- Backfat and loin depth tended to be greater with those fed Levucell SB7
- No difference in percent lean7
1Lallemand 2004, Unpublished. 2Lallemand 2003, Unpublished. 3Lallemand 2006, Unpublished. 4Lallemand 2007, Unpublished. 5Lallemand 2003, Unpublished. 6Lallemand, Unpublished. 7Lallemand 2012, Unpublished.