TECAL - Calcium Vital Element
Calcium (Ca) is a vital element for plant cell integrity. Acting as a secondary messenger it is essential for cell signalling and functioning and necessary for the reduction of intracellular oxidative stresses. Ca is immobile in plants and used up to alleviate stresses resulting in deficiency which, although not visual, reduces significantly the potential of the plant for yield and quality. Tecal (Technology Calcium) is an innovative Ca product containing an integrated technology (patent pending) inducing calcium absorption. It works synergistically by blocking the inhibition of Ca absorption by cellular substances and by increasing the cytosolic Ca which is redeposited in the plant’s calcium stores including the vacuole.
Tecal effectively increases Ca absorption resulting in strengthening plant cell walls and increases tolerance to abiotic and biotic stresses. Ca abundance by foliar application of Tecal improves cell functionality and optimises plant physiological processes for growth and development resulting in increased fresh produce yield, quality and shelf-life.
- 2 litres of Tecal in 100-200lt of water per hectare.
- Spray at 4-6 true leaves and every 2-4 weeks thereafter.
- Spray when weather condition cause abiotic stress to the crop.
- 1 to 2 litres of Tecal in 100-200lt of water per hectare
- Spray 1-2 weeks before flowering, again at 50% fruit set and 4-6 weeks thereafter.
Guaranteed minimum content:
- Calcium (Ca) 5% (CaO 7% w/v), Zinc (Zn) 1% (w/v),
- Magnesium (Mg) 1.4% (w/v, MgO), Boron (B) 0.1% (w/v)