Lowry - Model DumPit - Drive Over Receiving Stations
From Receiving Stations
The drive-over Lowry DumPit was designed with the goal of increasing the speed, safety, and ease of harvesting. DumPits can be set up to move all the grain from the pit into a holding bin and then automatically end that operation. Because all of the corn or other grain is moved into a bin (such as a bin that feeds into a dryer), the pits will empty within a matter of minutes and be ready for the next full truckload. That automation means that you can reduce both the labor and equipment required for that aspect of harvest. DumPits, for example, allow a farmer to drive a fully loaded, 1,000 bushel semi-trailer over a double-500 bushel pit configuration, and in a matter of a few minutes unload the entire contents of the truck and return to the field .There are several sizes and options for DumPits to accommodate your operation.
DumPits, for example, allow a farmer to drive a fully loaded 1,000 bushel semi-trailer over a double-500 bushel pit configuration, and in a matter of a few minutes unload the entire contents of the truck and return to the field. Lowry DumPits are treated with a waterproof coating and come with a rubber rain mat to prevent moisture in the pit. There are several sizes and options for DumPits to accommodate your operation. See below for sizes, configurations and features.
Horse power required for a standard 21 foot auger length
- Longer auger lengths and other conditions may require horsepower adjustment.
650 bushel DumPits can be configured with two DumPits in line to accommodate a twin-hopper semi-trailer.
- One piece double-welded construction with drive-over top surface
- Waterproof coated exterior
- Fiberglass coated seams
- Ramp attachment brackets to connect with approach concrete driveway
- Rubber mat rain cover
- Auger system:
- Adjustable flow gate
- Heavy cast iron three-belt pulley single-step reduction for 8 inch and 10 inch driveheads
- Heavy cast iron belt pulleys and enclosed gear reduction for 12, 14 and 16 inch driveheads
- Motor pulley and belts (electric motor not included)
- 3/16 inch chamber
- Double thickness flight at intake
- 3/16 inch auger tube
- Auger foot bearing (serviceable from inside the pit)