MacroRhizons - For Field Research
MacroRhizons are developed for field research. They have a porous part with an outer diameter of 4.5 mm and a pore size of 0.15 µm. MacroRhizons are only available with female luer lock, suitable for creating a vacuum with syringes. The yield of water is approximately 20 ml/minute.
MacroRhizons have to be inserted at 30 to 45 degrees in an augured hole, or horizontal in the field, to prevent rain water infiltration along the PVC pipe directly to the porous part.
- 19.21.35 10 x MacroRhizon, 9 cm porous part, 4.5 mm outer diameter, lumen filled with glass fiber epoxy rod, coated with ABS, very strong. Female luer lock, for syringes only
- 19.21.36 10 x MacroRhizon, the same as 19.21.35, but fixed in 90 cm PVC pipe 5/8 ', with protective cap for MacroRhizon tip + 0.9 m extension tubing PVC/PE, 2 way luer lock stopcock and bicap
- 19.21.38 10 x MacroRhizon, the same as 19.21.36, but with 30 cm PVC tube 5/8”
- 19.21.39 10 x MacroRhizon, the same as 19.21.36, but with 60 cm PVC tube 5/8”
- 19.21.37 10 x MacroRhizon Cup, only fit for 19.21.35, 19.21.36, 19.21.38 and 19.21.39
- 19.21.51 1 x Insertion tool for MacroRhizon, 4 mm diameter SS pin, 10 cm, supplied with 1 m PVC pipe
- 19.21.55 1 x MacroRhizon Cup Driver, to screw/unscrew MacroRhizon Cups (19.21.37)
An instruction for the installation of MacroRhizons with the Insertion Tool is available for download.
Before you can take your samples, you will need additional accessories to create a vacuum. This can be either a syringe or a vacuum tube. For field experiments, extension tubing might be useful. We could advise you about the best accessories for your experiments.