From Harvest Protection
In general, the MAFEX unit can be used to apply any liquid. Its most common usage is the liquid treatment of potatoes with seed dressing agents, fungicides and anti-sprouting agents (e.g. Fungazil® 100 SL, GROSTOP® Basis, NeoNet® Start, MonCut®, Magnate® 100 SL and Cuprozin® Liquid), the treatment of citrus and other fruits with various types of wax and fungicides. Application of water for dust binding.
How and where should a MAFEX be assembled?
Mounting of the atomisers for use with potatoes, for example, can be made on de-earthers, box fillers or conveyor belts, with preferred positioning above a step-down drop. With fruits, atomisers can be mounted above the sorting table for example.
For MAFEX sprayers with 1 or maximum 2 atomisers there are also mobile supporting stands available.
- optimum dispersion of active ingredient
- uniform allround-wetting of the potatoes or fruits
- reduction of required quantity of agent
The all-round wetting of the nodular surface is indispensable for fighting pests. Individual active agent particles must cover the surface with the least possible separation gap. In order to achieve an equal distribution, the chemical agent availablemust be dispersed in a multitude of uniformly sized droplets.
On the MAFEX unit, this is accomplished by means of centrifugal force using a specially developed rotation disc that generates approx. 30 million droplets from 1 ml of liquid. The droplets are uniformly deposited on the surface through the vertical air steam generated by the rotation disc and gravity, as well as by the rotating and falling motion of the potatoes or fruit. In this manner, an optimal effectiveness is achieved.
Automatic priming of the system, meaning a check of all functions and the conveyance of liquid to the atomiser(s) prior to the start of application, is made possible by a modern control unit. Desired volumes can be set directly on the control unit. During operation, atomiser function is monitored and an alarmfunction is triggered in the event of a malfunction. A flow rate controller is also available as an option.
- Length of atomiser: 122 mm
- Diameter of housing: 38 mm
- Hose connection: 5 x 22 mm
- Diameter of atomiser disc: 50 mm
- Voltage: 12 - 18 V
- Starting current: 8 A
- Continuous current: 2,0 A
- Rotational frequency: 12.000 - 18.000 rpm
- Maximum flow rate: 220 ml/min
- Size of droplets approx.: 40 microns
- Spray width and depth up to: 80 cm
- Large display
- Dust and water repellent membrane keypad
- Fully automatic system priming
- Volume adjustment
- Atomiser monitoring
- Alarm function
- Optional: Flow rate monitoring
- Low-maintenance hose pump
- Housing with power supply unit (input voltage 110-230 V, output voltage 15.6 V)
- Automatic scavenge pump with tank
- 10 litre tank for the chemical agent being applied
- Pump unit bracket made of stainless steel