OdorKnocker - Model RX - Manhole H2S Odor Control Insert
The OdorKnocker RX is a durable and environmentally friendly solution for H2S odor control in manholes that is easy to install, requires minimal maintenance, and is able to be refilled and relocated as needed. Our unit works well for H2S manhole odor control in Municipal Sewer Systems, Parks, Stadiums, Resorts, Beach Areas & Islands, Subdivisions, Schools, Parking Lots and Shopping Centers. Our results are proven and our Media is Non-hazardous both new and spent and is EPA and OSHA approved. Serving over 150 Municipalities Nationwide since 2002.
- No welds or patches
- Wall thickness is 18 Gauge
- The tub is made of stainless steel spun and pressed to size from one sheet
- Our units will not break and fall into the manhole base due to traffic vibrations
- Diffuser plate prevents channeling of gas
- H2S proof screen prevents loss of media through bottom air vents
- Top screen prevents mud & debris from entering media
- Side lifting handles/straps are nylon web material 1” wide
- Media is non-hazardous new and spent
- No more H2S smell
- Quickly Installed
- Can be easily moved to different problem areas
- Our Model RX doesn’t need daily or weekly maintenance
- No daily visits or chemical additions (No electrical use)
- Crew time and travel are reduced saving fuel and improving air quality
- Refilling unit is quickly done
- Maintenance costs are reduced overall
Model RX Components
- TUB is 304 Stainless Steel sheet hydraulically pressed into shape and not welded or patched
- SCREEN is made of Woven Polyester Mesh coated with vinyl; a proven combination.
- DEFECTOR PLATE is made of High Density Ethylene Hexene-1 Copolymer.
- LIFTING HANDLES are 1” wide Nylon Webbing attached with a #6 SS Rivet
- ODORKNOCKER™ MEDIA is an Organic Iron Base Compound blended with wood chips and shavings.
The OdorKnocker™ RX is a durable and environmentally friendly solution for H2S odor control in manholes that is easy to install, requires minimal maintenance, and is able to be refilled and relocated as needed.
Conditions that lead to H2S buildup:
- High heat
- Flat areas where the waste is ‘standing still’ and harder to pump through
- Proximity to pump stations and wastewater plants
- Turbulent water in sewer pipes
- Changes in distribution patterns of human and animals waste
- Parking lots and alleys of strip malls with restaurants
- New subdivisions: New sewer line pipe sizes and grades are designed for ultimate flows and it sometimes it takes years to achieve the designed flows
- Seasonally used areas like: State or National Parks, Campgrounds, Stadiums, Golf Courses, Bike Paths, Walking or Jogging trails
The Model RX is placed on a properly cleaned manhole ring and the gasket on the bottom of the outer lip of the tub to create an air tight seal. This placement directs air flow upward through the vent holes and into the media.
The deflector plate distributes the air flow properly throughout the media. It also prevents a channeling of the flow straight upward from the vent holes.
A chemical action occurs while the air is in containment in the media. During this time the media binds with and coverts the H2S to iron pyrite or fool’s gold. The resulting material is non-hazardous and easily disposed of. The media is not only made from recycled materials, but can be recycled a second time as a soil amendment to add iron and sulfur into the soil. It’s also EPA and OSHA approved.
The OdorKnocker RX works well for manhole odor control in Municipal Sewer Systems, Parks, Stadiums, Resorts, Beach Areas & Islands, Subdivisions, Schools, Parking Lots and Shopping Centers. Our results are proven and our Media is EPA and OSHA approved.
It can also be easily installed in under five minutes, just follow the instructions below or watch the video above. Also feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Clear debris from lip of manhole with crowbar or wire brush.
- Install insert on lip.
- Place 14” bottom screen over vent holes.
- Spread 1” Media and place Diffuser Plate on top.
- Fill with Media to the top.
- Place 22” Screen on top and tuck sides under lip for best fit, then lay lifting straps over top.
- Make indentations in Media for struts on bottom lid of manhole if necessary.
- Put manhole cover back on.