MANTA - Seabed CPT System
From Near- and Offshore
The MANTA forms the latest generation CPT system for determining the offshore seabed soil conditions rapidly and accurately. It seamlessly fills the space between our successful SHARK and ORCA systems. Typical water depths are 500 m, optional modifications bring 2 000 m within reach.
The MANTA can be deployed from a positioned vessel or platform and is designed to be a capable and flexible unit. To feature its variety, the following points will give you an idea of its flexibility:
- Dead weight 5 28 tons
- Variable sounding speed 18 26 mm/sec
- Variable retracting speed, 18 90 mm/sec
- Variable thrust capacity between 30 200 kN
- Interchangeable multi spread hoisting frame
- With an add-on it allows for running CPT casing!
To guarantee a continuous, uninterrupted thrust advancement a unique ‘Chain Drive Continuous Motion System’ has been developed in house. The MANTA can retrieve CPT tubes faster than any other system, which saves on deployment hours for supporting equipment.