MegaTill - Tillage Harrow
High clearance MegaTill shanks penetrate furrows or beds to the depths you want to plow. Shank design features a replaceable chromium carbide shin on the front of the shank. The front portion of the reversible shin is sharpened to reduce drag and field clodding. Exclusive design and fit of the point and shin maintain a sleek subsoil profile. The MegaTill offers unlimited flexibility to apply precision tillage to your bedded crop fields. Shanks may be operated to loosen crop middles without damage to corn and other quick-growing crops.
MegaTill Sub-Soiler shanks may also be arranged to loosen an area in the middle of each crop bed, providing a prepared area for crop root growth. Optional knives may be attached to undercut each bed, killing and uprooting crop stalks in one pass. Deep rooted weeds can be cut at a depth to allow your young crop a head start into the growing season. In addition, tools may be arranged on four bar frames so shanks are placed in each furrow or with shanks placed in both the top and bottom of each bed.
MegaTill Inter-Row Sub-Soilers are specifically designed to rip the furrow between crop rows. This procedure has been proven effective in shattering compaction caused by tractor traffic, and improves water absorption and reduce runoff–particularly under center pivot irrigation systems, helping you make the most of your precious water resources.
MegaTill Sub-Soilers are equipped with a heavy diamond mast four bar frame to allow coulter and shank placement at virtually any row spacing. Category III 4” drop hitch provides ground clearance for long shanks. Even numbers of spring loaded swivel coulters and 30” shanks with double bar reinforced clamp packages are included with all standard MegaTill Sub-Soilers to accommodate top of bed placement. MegaTill Inter-Row Sub-Soilersare equipped on double bar frames with your choice of Double 4×4 or Double 4×7 lower tubes and Category III 4” drop hitch. Odd numbers of 36” shanks and double bar reinforced clamps are included on standard MegaTill Inter-Row Sub-Soilers for placement in furrows.
- MegaTill Sub-Soilers include diamond mast four bar frame with 4x4x3/8” tube on the front bar. MegaTill Inter-Row SubSoilers include diamond mast double bar frame. Tool bars for 7 and 9 row MegaTill Inter-Row SubSoilers include tool bars with a Heavy Duty Option. Heavy Category III Wide 4” Drop Hitch is standard on all models.
- 1 x 8 x 36” Shank is constructed from high strength Formally 400 steel to resist stress, bending, and abrasion even under harsh field conditions. The front portion of each shank is protected with a replaceable chromium carbide wear shin. The shin has a pointed front edge to reduce drag and may be rotated for extended wear. 36-inch ground clearance is valuable to obtain optimum plowing depths and provide growing crop clearance. Shanks are also equipped with a chromium carbide point. Chromium material on ground engaging parts can provide up to four times the wear of traditional hardfaced points. All shanks are drilled to accept root cutting knives.
- Double bar reinforced clampsspread the shank load and stress between two frame members. Shank may be mounted in the front or back position of each clamp. Shear bolts provide protection if an underground obstruction is encountered.
- MegaTill Sub-Soiler features available Spring Loaded Swivel Coulters with 20” fluted blades. Coulters provide up to 1200 pounds of residue slicing pressure per coulter blade.
- Three-Bar Rigid Frame (Deep Tillage)
- Four-Bar Rigid Frame (Deep Tillage)
- Two-Bar Rigid Frame (Inter-Row Ripping)