Model MKIV - Tag Injector
From Coded Wire Tags
The MKIV Tag Injector was developed to handle millions of cycles of tag injections. The tags, which come in continuous wire form on a spool, are automatically cut off, magnetized and injected through a hollow needle. The operator then verifies that the specimen contains a tag by dropping the specimen through a Quality Control Device (QCD) where it flows through a tag detection tunnel. If a QCD is not available, the magnetic tag can be verified by using any of the detectors NMT makes for that purpose.
- The MKIV Injector is about 18 pounds (8.2 kg) in weight, 10 inches (25.4 cm) wide, 10 inches (25.4 cm) high and 12 inches (30.5 cm) deep
- The Power Supply, Tool Kit, Touch Switch, 3 non-custom Headmolds and a hard transit case are supplied with the unit; other accessories are available through NMT
- The MKIV Injector is constructed of the highest quality materials; it is easily programmed from the keyboard and can mark 600-800 fish per hour
- The MKIV Injector can inject half length (0.5 mm), standard length (1.1 mm), one and a half length (1.65 mm) or double length (2.2 mm) tags
- The MKIV Injector can be used with either a Head Mold to position the specimen or a needle support tube for freehand tagging
- The MKIV Injector operates on 24 VDC. The MKIV's power supply operates from a 100-250 VAC 50/60Hz source. International orders are custom fitted with the appropriate plug.
- The MKIV Injector carries NMT's standard warranty and can be purchased or rented