Mobile Animal Scale
From Cattle Scales
The Mobile Group Animal scale’s patented design consists of a deck and pen sides, suspended on load cells at four points within a portable base frame. This base-frame also serves as the trailer frame. When in transport mode, the cage is “locked-down” to the trailer frame. This prevents cage movement and load cell damage during transport. The trailer employs an independent air ride suspension which allows the scale to be moved in and out of weighing mode by simply adjusting the air pressure in the air bags. Load is applied to and or removed, from the cells through a manual lift/lower lever system.
OnBoard weighing design is ideally suited to the unpredictable conditions of multi-site use. The Mobile Group Animal Scale is capable of providing Legal-for-Trade weights in locations where the scale may be off-level by as much as four degrees. In addition to the scale’s ability to meet the physical demands of remote weighing, the instrumentation package that complements the scale provides a complete report for each batch and lot of animals weighed.
When the scale is in weigh-mode the deck is only six inches off the ground. The low profile of the weighing platform makes loading and unloading animals quick, easy and safe.
The Mobile Group Animal Scale includes transport wheels, lift system, and folding hitch. Optional pen siding is available to enclose the bottom three feet of pen. Enclosing this area improves animal handling and safety. Optional brakes, lighting package, air pump and instrumentation are also available depending on your individual needs. Various sizes and capacities are available to meet your specific weighing requirements.
- Deck, cage (with sheeting shown), and integral trailer package
- Rubberized deck
- Cage includes 2 standard gates
- Rugged all weather powder paint for years of use
- Low deck height of only 6”
- 12 volt battery pack (recharged by tow vehicle)
- Integral air pump to lift and lower trailer air bag suspension
- Electric brakes. Can be used on any firm surface up to 6%grade
- Approved legal-for-trade in Canada and the United States
- Junction box for load cells
- Rubber T-belt on entry and exit