Model 05.02 - 2 m Depth Bi-Partite Root Auger Set
By applying the bi-partite root auger almost undisturbed, uniform soil samples can be taken in layers of maximal 15 cm. The bi-partite root auger consists of a bottom part fitted with an exchangeable drilling-crown and a short unscrewable top part (handle) with a beating head.
In lighter soil the auger can be pushed and turned into the soil. In heavier soils an impact absorbing hammer can be used.
In the standard set an Edelman- and a Riverside auger have been included for reaming out the bore hole and levelling the bottom (making it even). A conical threaded connection is used.
The root auger is fitted with a sample extruder unit which forces the soil sample from the cylinder of the auger. The extruder unit is operated by means of a crank handle.
The complete root auger set, including all accessories, is packaged in an aluminium transport case.
- Takes root samples of all non-stony soil layers
- Can be hammered
- Sharp hardened and exchangeable cutting ring
- Incorporated sample extruder
- Research to determine the possibilities to develop a root system and to determine the depth and the density of the root system.
- The root auger can be used in virtually all types of soil.
- Compound manure sampling. By applying extension rods the auger can be used to a depth of approximately 2 meter.
- Connection screwthread
- Maximum root thickness 20 mm
- Maximum sample depth 200 cm
- Product material iron, other material
- Sample diameter 80 mm
- Sample length 150 mm
- Sample specification undisturbed
- Sample volume 750 ml
- Sampler position vertical
- Package size 117 x 27 x 23 cm
- Weight 27.5 kg
- Soil sampling above groundwater table
- Environmental soil research
- Undisturbed sampling
- Soil texture research
- Root zone sampling