Sulky Burel - Model Xeos MD/HD - Pneumatic Seed Drill
Designed for farmers and contractors, the Xeos MD and HD integrated pneumatic seed drills sow all your crops precisely. Their centralised hoppers enable the seed drill to be filled quickly by Big Bags or sacks. The new universal metering unit guarantees you an accurate application rate for all sorts of seed, from rapeseed to beans, with application rates from 1 to 450 kg with no dismantling necessary. Choose drilling that’s right for your land, Unisocs or Unidisc, which will provide you with even emergence. Working width 3 m, 3.50 m and 4 metres. Hopper capacity 1000 to 1800 litres
- The Xeos MD is suitable for medium power tractors.
- The Xeos HD, fitted with a larger hopper, is designed for large holdings, contractors and shared usage.
- Increased productivity thanks to the giant hoppers (2 Big Bags of 600 kg in all the 3m and larger versions of the Xeos HD).
- Compact and easy to manoeuvre: the careful integration of the Xeos with the CULTILINE power harrow limits the power demand when raising the combine.
- Universal metering unit: accommodates all seed types without changing metering roller! Record performances: a new setting range, from 1 kg/ha to 450 kg/ha at 8 km/h, for wheat, etc.
- Accessible and ergonomic: rapid calibration testing can be carried out without disassembly; the hopper is emptied completely in a matter of seconds.
- More air: the low-speed, extra-large fan (6-inch) is silent and supplies large volumes of air. The hydraulic drive (optional on Xeos MD) makes operating easy.
- The UNISOC 3R drilling system uses Suffolk coulters on 3 identical rows: it gives 330 mm clearence between each row.
- With this drilling system you can sow on ploughed or carefully tilled gound thanks to its ability to remove large volumes of plant debris, even with narrow inter-row spacing.
- On the standard model, the depth pressure is adjusted with a central, graduated control; a hydraulic pressure kit is available as an option.
- The highly resistant cast iron coulter stems, the anti-clogging flap for drilling on ploughed soil and the “anti-pat-down” device (pressure mounted spring) mean that the UNISOC 3R standard drill is a “sound investment”.
Small seeds at surface level
Shallow drilling or drilling on very loose soil: you can finely adjust your depth pressure, if necessary to complete release (“0” kg of pressure) of the weight of the UNISOC coulter unit!
Large seeds at desired depth
Deep drilling or increased forward speeds: you have high pressure up to 20 kg from the UNISOC at your fingertips.
UNIDISC drilling system uses large diameter discs; with 30 kg down pressure on each disc. This makes it possible for you to move easily through plant debris and so advance at a faster pace.
- Zero bounce with small seeds thanks to an air vent (exclusive to SULKY), this vent “shuts off” the air flow just before the drill coulter so that the seed falls under its own gravity.
- A tough coulter disc: the central double-lane ball bearings, boron-treated forged steel disc and extra-hard cast-iron seed coulter means that the UNIDISC will last a long time.
- Double-lane ball bearing
- “Double-effect” spring placed above the seed drill arm
- Extra rigid seed drill arm in Ø 43 mm elbow tubing
- New drill coulter with integrated depth control: also provides internal self-cleaning for the disc
- Anti-clogging system valve (anti-obstruction)
- The rounded disc/seed coulter assembly forms a V-shape comparable to the head of a Suffolk coulter. It makes it possible to deposit seeds at the depth you want
- The new angle of attack (5.5°) provides the disc with good driveability, even in loose soil
The Xeos MD are equipped with the ULTRON console as standard. The PILOT console is an optional extra on these models; the HD, PRO and TF versions of the Xeos range – with electrically driven metering mechanism – come with the electronic PILOT console as standard.
- Half-drill shut off from the cab with proportional application rate reduction.
- Headland functions to eliminate drilling misses from a standing start or from headland starts.
- During tramlining runs, automatic reduction of the drilling application rate (saving seed), in proportional to the number of rows marked.
- Makes calibration testing child’s play (a single test without a crank handle, 10 kg load cell supplied, automatic adjustment of application rate/hectare after recorded weight is entered in the console).