Ebra - Model MS 23 - Seed-Drill for Narrow Spacing and/or Narrow Inter-Row Gaps
The MS 23 has been specially designed for sowing on finely-prepared soils, when you’ve got a reduced working-space (e.g. when sowing under tunnels, or when you want to sow with a narrow gap between rows). Naturally, it also has the key features of EBRA seed-drills: versatility, change crops in a few minutes … Each unit has a single wheel, which makes it EBRA’s most economical towed seed-drill, with great value for money.
For reduced spaces or narrow between-row spacings
The MS 23 exists in a 1 to 6 rows mounted on a simple beam frame, and from 2 to 11 rows on a double-line frame. Mounted on a double-line frame with the units in staggered rows, it allows an inter-row spacing of 12 cm! More generally, its compact size makes it very suitable for reduced spaces such as tunnels or glass-houses, and also allows for mounting between the axles of a tool-carrier, on a cultivator, a micro-tractor, a soil-working machine (combine seeding).
Independent seeding units
Each seeding unit is composed of an inclined aluminium distribution plate (see “The Principle” section) which is driven independently by the unit’s wheel. In this way, the units are completely independent from each other: this allows very easy modification of the number of lines, the inter-row spacing and gives the option of sowing different crops from one row to the next in one pass.
It follows the seed-bed perfectly
Each of the seeding-units of the MS 23 rests on its wheel. In this way, the seeder follows the irregularities of the terrain perfectly. A seeding unit can be easily removed or moved by simply unscrewing two bolts. This allows, for example the inter-row spacing to be modified, to switch from ridge sowing to drill sowing... The only feature that’s different to other EBRA seed-drills is that the seeding-depth can only be set by adjusting the sliding seed-boot -the MS 23 doesn’t have the hinged-frame system of the other models.
Easy to use
This is one of the main advantages that EBRA seed-drills are noted for they’re easy to use:
- change the plate or set the density in just a few minutes – without needing any tools
- complete flexibility of the number of rows, as well as the spacing between rows
- instant emptying drain-shutter
- low traction-power required: a mini-tractor is enough
- For 1 unit: Length: 80 cm Width: 24 cm Height: 45 cm Weight: 15 Kg – Square-beam (60 mm) frame with carrying wheels Width of seed-drill: 1.50 m (other widths as options)
- Standard: 19 depth settings by interchangeable sprockets – depth setting by sliding shoe coulter – instant-emptying flap – 6 L aluminium hopper – adjustable, removable skimmers.
- Optional: Double-line frame beam for sowing reduced inter-row spaces. Spread seed-boot for seeding on 8 cm strips 9 L steel hopper – seed-saving plate weights to ballast the units...