Munters - Model IW350 - Wall-Mounted Livestock Air Inlet
IW air inlets are designed to be used as wall mounted air inlets in livestock structures. A critical time for ventilation of livestock structures is during cold periods, when it is necessary to ventilate the structures to supply fresh air to the animals without causing cold drafts over them, a process commonly known as minimum ventilation. The only way of performing minimum ventilation effectively is by directing the cold fresh air along the ceiling of the structure so that it can mix thoroughly with the hot air inside the structure before it descends into the occupied zone of the animals and replaces the stale air. Failure to perform minimum ventilation effectively could cause a build-up of noxious gases, such as ammonia or carbon dioxide, inside the structure; or, a fatal reduction in oxygen levels.
Another problem commonly associated with ineffective minimum ventilation is cold air dropping onto the animals, causing wet litter and disturbing animal behaviour. The IW air inlets are designed to perform minimum´ventilation perfectly; maintaining a healthy environment for the animals without disrupting normal animal behaviour during warmer periods the emphasis of ventilation shifts towards heat removal and cooling of the animals. In such conditions the air entering the structure can be directed downwards towards the animals, allowing heat removal from the animals’ skins through a wind chill process. Once again the IW can be adjusted to ensure that the air reaches the animals.
- Easy installation
- Manufactured in durable white UV stabilized polystyrene
- Different models with depths ranging from 150 mm to 350 mm
- Main door moulded in two pieces preventing deformation
- Main door has an insulated core, preventing condensation on inside
- Integrated aluminium profiles in main door preventing warping
- Adjustable flap allowing fine adjustment of air flow patterns
- Integrated mesh in corrosion resistant polystyrene preventing wild animal entry
- Capacity @ -10Pa: 1,415 m3/h
- Capacity @ -20Pa: 2,000 m3/h
- Installation kit