My Field Crop Software
My Field Crop Records is designed so the user can input as little or as much information as desired. Each producer can utilize different components in such a way as to satisfy their individualized requirements. The user simply sets up the fields; all other information can be added on the fly. The What-if planning feature uses last years' records as a baseline to automatically make the Plan. Then you can modify your pick lists with your estimated input costs for the coming year. Your anticipated yields and prices determine the break-evens by field and crop.
You can have an unlimited number of Fields and Crops. We allow multiple Crops in a field (double crop, cover crop, strip crop etc). Field information rolls over from year to year without the need to reenter anything except the intended new crop to harvest. Historical Soil Tests with nutrient analysis and lab recommendations are stored by field.
- Field maps can be scanned or FSA map images loaded. Maps from satellite imagery at www.Maps.Google.com can also be used. A field work order with map and space for field work notes can be printed for use by custom contractors.
- Chemicals, Fertilizer & Seed inputs can be purchased in bulk with the unit/quantity & price reported. As the events are recorded for a crop, the cost is computed based upon the application rates per acre or field that you specify. The chemicals, fertilizers, and seeds can be entered on the fly and are automatically added to the specific pick list. Costs are strictly optional.
- However to facilitate making a What-If Plan; costs & yields from the current year will greatly enhance the results for your next Plan.
- Each piece of equipment can be assigned an hourly or per acre cost of operation Calculations are broken down by acre and field. Equipment costs are optional.
- Tank Mix Formulation automatically calculates the total cost for the mix on the screen as each ingredient is added to the mix.
- Minimal input is required. Producers can choose minimal or complete detail for their records.
- You pick the Field & Crop you are working with from a pull down list. There are 9 tabbed events for a Field & Crop. Each Event has a different screen layout for input.
Ground Prep – Planting – Fertilizer – Chemicals – Inspection
Harvest –Trucking/Selling – Precipitation/Irrigation – Miscellaneous
- Each of the 9 Tab Events has its’ own clipboard for Copy/Paste. This is handy when on the same day you use the same equipment to perform the same job on several different fields. Click Record Copy on the transaction you want copied, then pick a different farm field/crop and click Auto Paste. Saves Time!
- A click in the cost cell is the mechanism to cost out your Power Equipment, Implements, Seeds, Fertilizer and Chemicals. The cost screen retrieves the costs set up in your pick lists. If you prefer to save time, just let the computer calculate the costs from your pick lists when printing reports.
- Pick Lists are built on the fly as you enter an item not previously entered. Pick List management includes the ability to add purchase units & purchase costs. Items in the pick list can be deactivated so they no longer show in the list.
Reports are specific to the following categories:
Most reports break out information by crop or field. Click on the underlined reports in Blue to view the sample reports.
- Usage: Chemical, Fertilizer, Seed, equipment and Destinations.
- Field Costs: The costs per Acre and Field are computed for each transaction.
- Production: By Crop or Field. Record Sales from Inventory too!
- Government: Restricted Use Pesticides, Government Payment Income.
- Break Even Analysis: Yields & Expenses computed by Crop or Field. Total-per Acre-per Bushel summary.
- Landlord Settlements: Cash or Share Rent profit with a choice by Crop or Field for different Landlords.
- Water & Precipitation: Precipitation and Irrigation.
- Soil Test: History of analysis, recommendations and applications.
- Pentium III or faster with a minimum of 32 Meg of Ram
- Monitor with graphics card that supports 800 X 600 or Higher Res.
- All Versions of Windows 8.1/8.0, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 ME/98 or Macintosh running: Virtual PC, Boot Camp, or Parallels Software
- CD Drive (a flash drive version is available upon request).
- Any Windows Compatible Printer
- Hard Disk with 100 Meg Free Space
Hand held tablets running the Windows Operating system with touch screens are exceptionally productive when running 'My Field' because of the large print and target area buttons. Computers equipped with a separate number pad virtually eliminate the need for a keyboard when used with the extensive array of drop down pick lists. You may also benefit from having your on-screen keyboard with a number pad and have it remain at the bottom of the screen under the program display area.