Nelson Hardie - Model 3400P - Single 34` Diameter Axial-flow Fan
The NELSON HARDIE 3400P PTO-dr ve sprayer, with 34,! diameter fan, will provide excellent spray coverage in most orchards with trees up to 30 feet tall. The 3400P is great for almonds, pistachios, cherries, pears, nectarines, apples and, because of its narrow width, perfect in grapes.
Nelson builds the 3400P to exact specifications. Tank is built from heavy gauge Type 304 stainless steel along with stainless Hood, Doors and Panels eliminate corrosion. The galvanized 4' x 6' tubular frame provides great strength and durability. The rugged axle assembly and heavy duty tongue hitch can be adjusted for preferred ground clearance and level towing.
Built To Perform
The NELSON HARDIE® 3400P will deliver maximum coverage and penetration in vineyards and medium sized trees Additional coverage can be achieved in grapes with the optional 'Over-the-Row' Volute and Lower Break-away Volutes. The 34' diameter 9-blade SuperTuff® fan includes adjustable pitch blades that are uniquely designed from hub to tip to produce efficient quiet air flow and an even spray pattern. SuperTuff®' fans have no welds that can crack, they never require costly balancing and are inexpensive to replace.
Power is introduced via the heavy-duty PTO driveshaft featuring a compact high torsional strength 80° constant-velocity joint for smooth operation even on tight turns. Power is transmitted to the Fan through the heavy-duty 2-speed gearbox (with neutral). The reinforced composite Fan is light in weight and the through-tank driveline includes a run-down clutch. Both features help to minimize shockloads and greatly extend drivetrain life.
Easy to Operate
All NELSON HARDiE® PTO-driven sprayers include 12-volt Electric Switches in stainless Control box at the Operator station with heavy-duty cord. The Set & Forget® Pressure Regulator enables quick adjustment and helps keep spray pressure where you set it, Roll-over Discharge Valves with Anti-drip provide easy calibration versatility.
Stainless steel is used witnout exception from the Tank to the Discharge Manifolds. Stainless valves and fittings completely eliminate rust and corrosion, saving you costly downtime. The 8' x 12' long high-volume Suction strainer and 3' x 8!t long Discharge strainers are all stainless steel. Discharge screens are all stainless steel and offer a variety of stainless screen choices.
The dependable 2-stage Centrifugal pump with twin 7 inch impellors oroduces up to 100GPM at 200PSI which provides plenty of spray volume and excellent Tank agitation The NELSON HARDIE® Jet Agitation system, with high-vo:ume Eductors at both front and rear cf the Tank, keeps even heavy powders in suspension. While more effective than Mechanical agitation, Jet agitation is maintenance-free, eliminating bearing/be.t maintenance and seals that eventually leak. If you prefer, Nelson offers stainless Mechanical agitation with 1-1/4' diameter shaft.
NELSON HARDIE® sprayers have proven themselves with discriminating individual farmers as well as large ranches and Cus:om applicators that put hundreds of hours on machines each year. These tough yet very effective sprayers will go the distance, giving your crop the protection it needs and providing you with many years of dependable service.
- 34' diameter Fan, 9-blades, SuperTuff® composite
- Electric Sprayer Controls, R&L Spray Valves
- Large Liquid Sigit Gauge on front panel
- 2-stage Centrifugal Pump, 100GPM @ 200PSI
- 16.5Lx 16.1,10-ply Tires, ribbed
- H.D. adjustable height Hubs and Spindles
- Galvanized Frame, 4' x 6' heavy wall ttbing
- Galvanized heavy gauge Fan Housing anc Guards
- Galvanized Lower Volutes, adjustable
- Roll-over Discharge Valves with Anti-drip
- Ceramic Orifices and Swirl Cores
- Stainless steel Tank 500 Gal., 12 gauge, T304
- Stainless steel Fill Basket, 16'' Dia. x 17' deep
- Stainless steel Jet Agitation with Eductors
- Stainless steel 'Set & Forget' Pressure Regulator
- Stainless steel Suction Strainer, 8'1 Dia. x 12' long
- Stainless steel Discharge Strainers, 3' Dia. x 8' long
- Stainless steel Plumbing Fittings and Clamps
- Stainless steel Hoods, Doors and Pane s
- Tank size: 300 Gal., 400 Gal., 600 Gal. and 2000 Lite's
- Tires: 13.5Lx16.1,14.0Lx16.1or21.5Lx16.1 Rib or T&F
- Cable Controls or Hydraulic Controls
- Two (2) Work Lights with S/S Guard
- Tank Flange, 2' or 3', S/S (welded to Tank)
- Mechanical Agitation, 1-1/4' Dia. shaft S/S
- Upper and Lower Vineyard Volutes, S/S
- Tracto' Requirement: 60-100 PTO HP / 540 RPM Max
- O.A. Width: 13.5L tires: 74' / 16.5L Tires: 78,:
- O.A. Length: 500 Gal.: 212' (17'8')
- O.A. Height: 13.5 tiresfM' to 61' /16.5 Tires: 57' to 64n
- Empty Weight: 500 Gal.: 3,200 Lbs.