Nelson Hardie - Model 4000P - Single 40` Diameter Axial-flow Fan
The NELSON HARDIE 4000P PTO-drive sprayer, with 40' diameter fan, will provide excellent spray coverage in most orchards with trees up to 40 feet tail. 'he 4000P is great for almonds, pistachios, cherries, pears, nectarines and apples as well as taller trees such as hedge-row planted walnuts.
Nelson builds the 4000P to exact specifications. Tank is built from heavy gauge Type 304 stainless steel with 3/16' thick stainless mounting rails for the ultimate in strength, durability and corrosion resistance. The galvanized 3' x 8' tubular frame and stainless steel access panels further reduce your maintenance time and costs. The rugged ax e assembly and heavy duty tongue hitch can be adjusted for preferred ground clearance and level towing.
BUILT TO PERFORM
The NELSON HARDIE® 4000P will deliver maximum coverage and penetration in medium to tali sized trees and through dense foliage. The 40' diameter -12 blade SuperTuft® fan. with adjustable pitch blades, are uniquely designed from hut to tip to produce efficient, quiet air flow and an even spray pattern. SuperTuft® fans have no welds that can crack, they never require costly balancing and are inexpensive to replace.
Power is introduced via the heavy-duty PTO driveshaft featuring a compact high torsional strength 80° constant-velocity joint for smooth operation even on tight turns. Power is transmitted to the Fan through the heavy-duty 2-speed gearbox (with neutral). The reinforced composite Fan is light in weight and the through-tank driveline includes a run-down clutch. Both features help to minimize shockloads and greatly extend drivetrain life.
EASY TO OPERATE
All NELSON HARDIE® PTO-driven sprayers include 12-volt Electric Switches in stainless Control box at the Operator station with heavy-duty cord. The Set & Forget® Pressure Regulator enables quick adjustment and helps keep spray pressure where you set it. Roll-over Discharge Valves with Anti-drip provide easy calibration versatility.
Stainless steel is used without exception from the Tank to the Discharge Manifolds Stainless valves and fittings completely eliminate rust and corrosion, saving you costly downtime The 8' x 1T hgh-volume Suction strainer and 3' x 8' Discharge strainers are all stainless steel and offer a variety of stainless screen choices.
The dependable 2-stage Centrifugal pump with twin 7 inch impellors produces up to 100GPM at 200PSI which provides pienty of spray volume and excellent Tank agitation. The NELSON HARDIE® Jet Agitation system, with high-volume Eductors at both front and rear of the Tank, keeps even heavy powders in suspension. While more effective than Mechanical agitation, Jet agitation is maintenance-free, eliminating bearing/belt maintenance and seals that eventually leak. If you prefer, Nelson offers stainless Mechanical agitation with a 1-1/4' diameter shaft.
NELSON HARDIE® sprayers have proven themselves with discriminating individual farmers as well as large ranches and Custom applicators that put hundreds of hours on machines each year. These tough yet very effective sprayers will go the distance, giving your crop the protection it needs and providing you with many years of dependable service.
- 40' diameter Fan, 12-blades, SuperTuff® composite
- Electric Sprayer Controls, R&L Spray Valves
- Large Liquid Sight Gauge on front panel
- 2-stage Centrifugal Pump, 100GPM @ 200PSI
- 16.5L x 16.1,10-ply Tires, ribbed (500 Gal. sprayer) 21.5Lx 16.1,14-ply Tires, ribbed (1,000 Ga. sprayer)
- H.D. adjustable height Hubs and Spindles
- Galvanized Frame, 3' x 8' heavy wall tubing
- Galvanized heavy gauge Fan Housing and Guards
- Galvanized Lower Volutes, adjustable
- Roll-over Discharge Valves with Anti-drip
- Ceramic Orifices and Swirl Cores
- Stainless steel Tank, 500 Gal., 12 gauge, '304
- Stainless steel Fill Basket, 16' Dia. x 17' deep
- Stainless steel Jet Agitation with Eductors
- Stainless steel 'Set & Forget' Pressure Regulator
- Stainless steel Suction Strainer, 8' Dia. x 12' long
- Stainless steel Discharge Strainers, 3' Dia. x 8' long
- Stainless steel Plumbing Fittings anc Clamps
- Stainless steel Hoods. Doors and Panels
- Tank size: 500 Gai. to 1,000 Gal. and jp to 4,000 Liters
- Tires: 11.25 x 24 ribbed or 21 5L x 16.1 ribbed or Turf
- Cable Controls or Hydraulic Controls
- Two (2) Work Lights with S/S Guard
- Tank Flange, 2' or 3', S/S (welded to Tank)
- Mechanical Agitation, 1-1/4' Dia. shaft, S/S
- Tractor Requirement: 70-100 PTO HP / 64C RPM Max
- O.A. Width: 500Gal.: 100'/1,000 Gal.: 102'
- O.A. Length: 500 Gal. 194' /1,000 Gal.: 223'
- O.A. Height; 5C0 Gal.: $5' to 75' adjustable
- 1,000 Gal.:75' to 85' adjustable
- Empty Weignt: 500 Gal.: 3,400 Lbs.
- 1,000 Gal.: 4,000 Lbs.