Neuson - Model 242HV - Tracked Harvester Device for Clear-Cutting
From Forest Technology
The spacious cabin, the powerful diesel engine, the strong parallel forestry crane, a separate head pump for powerful harvester units - these are just some of the features distinguishing the 242HV as the big and strong one among our harvester product series. Due to its broad running gear of 295 cm in width the machine ensures high stability, and due to its extremely short tail slewing radius it has proven its worth both for working in most confined populations and for clear-cutting. Flexibility and operator convenience have been further improved in this machine, also considering customer requests. The hydraulically tilting service platform and cabin facilitate access to the individual components considerably. By means of the optional long crane a machine range of up to 14m can be reached.
Best performance - highest comfort
A roomy cabin, powerful common-rail diesel engine, a strong forest crane, separate hydraulic pump for high performance of the harvester heads, tilting uppercarriage and excellent gradeability- the new 242 distinguishes itself as the biggest and strongest member in our tracked harvester product range.
A machine that guarantees high stability by its wide track base and that excels in tight selective-harvesting applications due to its short tail swing radius, as well as clear-cutting operations.
The flexibility and user-friendliness of this machine is one of the utmost design considerations to meet our customers requests. The 242 is produced in standard or tilt version to cope with ail terrain conditions.
Working area / Cabin
An ergonomic operating station is important to obtain a pleasant working environment. This is realised by installing an air suspension seat with long oscillation stroke and broad armrests for comfortable seating. The high performance air conditioning system provides an enjoyable room climate on hot summer days. Trays are conveniently located on all sides of the cab interior to store equipment and accessories. All windows in the cab are made of Lexan to protect you and the cab is ROPS, FOPS, OPS approved for forest harvesting use.
The well known service friendliness of our machines is also demonstrated by the 242 with its front-wards tilting cab and one generously dimensioned service platform. Both the cab and the platform are hydraulically tiltable. Service work can easily be accomplished with ample space available and logical positioning of all components.
The hydraulic design of the 242 is the successful realization of a three-pump system. The harvester head and base machine are supplied by independent hydraulic pumps. The hydraulic performance of the 242 base and parallel crane is assured by double in-line mounted pumps with negative control-this system secures the optimum supply of oil to all components even during the most demanding load applications.
The generously dimensioned hydraulic oil cooler guarantees ample cooling performance even in the most difficult operating conditions and high summer temperatures. For the air conditioning system a separate radiator is mounted.
Power is provided by a 6-cylinder common-rail diesel engine which achieves its highest torque at 1900 rpm. Despite this concentrated strength of 183 KW (245 HP), the engine runs incredibly smooth and is easy on diesel fuel consumption. Low fuel consumption will keep the operator happy even while meeting environmental emission standards.
A high-performance machine needs a high-performance crane. The Neuson parallel crane perfectly coordinates the harvester head to the base machine. Its parallel arm facilitates safe and extremely productive operation over its entire reach.
- Sandy and moist ground
- Empty weight with cabin: 23.5 tons
- Height / width / transport length: 360 / 295 / 920 cm
- Swing torque: 64 kNm
- Tractive force of running gear: 27.2 tons
- Crane: Neuson parallel crane
Running and slewing gear:
- Speeds of running gear: 1.44 km/h and 3.54 km/h
- Superstructure slewing speed: 8 rpm
- Superstructure slewing range: infinite
- Gradability: 20° (38%) cont., 30° (58%) interm.
- Standard tracks: steel, single grouser track chain, 600mm width
- Length of running gear: 4420 mm
- Ground clearance: 760 mm
- Ground pressure: 0.57 kg/cm²
- Superstructure tilt: -
- Engine: John Deere 6081HF070
- Type: 3-cyl. turbodiesel engine
- Cooling: water-coled
- Engine displacement: 8100 ccm
- Speed: 1900 rpm
- Output acc. to DIN: 168 KW (230 hp)
- Battery: 2x 135 Ah
- Generator: 24V / 140A
- Diesel tank: 700 litres
- Hydraulic pump base machine: double displacement pump negative control
- Pump capacity (working hydraulics): 2 x 140 l/min
- Operating pressure for working and driving hydraulics: 300 bar / 330 bar
- Hydraulic pump harvester head: displacement pump P/Q control
- Pump capacity harvester unit: 320 l/min
- Operating pressure harvester unit: 330 bar
- Hydraulic tank: 390 litres
- Return filter: standard 2 pcs. of 20 µm each
- High-pressure filter: standard 10 µm
- AFM: 60HD, 75
- Foresteri: F30RHS
- Keto: 500HD
- Lako: 63HD
- Logmax: 7000, 9000
- Viking: 650
- Waratah: H290, HTH470HD, H480
- Service platform: Fuel preheating
- Special paint RAL: Seat heating
- Filled wit bio-hydraulic oil: Independent vehicle heater
- Telescopic boom extension: Control unit Logmate 402
- Central lubricating unit for superstructure: Window film
- Vacuum pump: Theft protection
- Xenon lamps: Triple grouser track chain
- Long crane for 14m machine range
Additional special equipment as well as harvester units on request. Subject to modifications.