NovaGreen - Inulin Mainstream System
NovaGreen will use a proprietary feedstock source to produce inulin. NovaGreen has teamed with our technology partner to develop and market this proprietary technology. A unique collaboration will enable NovaGreen to provide a North American source of Inulin to a waiting marketplace.
Inulin has several valued technological properties to the health, nutrition, and food processing industries.
As a fat replacement and fibre enrichment product, it improves the taste, texture, and mouth feel of reduced fat and fat free dairy products,
It improves the structure and crispness of cereal based products,
It is an excellent diet product. It provides a ‘filling effect’, but it is not absorbed by the body. As a dietary supplement, it is a healthy means of reducing food intake,
It is an excellent choice for diabetics. It does not increase blood sugar levels. It is commonly used in food formulations for diabetics,
Excellent overall health benefits. Inulin:
- reduces risk of cardiovascular disease,
- inhibits growth of intestinal pathogenic bacteria,
- reduces risk of osteoporosis,
- improves management of inflammatory bowel disease,
- lowers blood sugar in Type 2 diabetes, and
- helps with weight management.