NP - Drumfilter
The new NP Drumfilter is built on all the well-known and proven benefits of the microscreen drumfilter used extensively today. However, the NP Drumfilter goes further in enhancing several significant aspects.
The NP Drumfilter is a mechanical, self-cleaning microscreen filter designed for high performance in water-treatment systems where it’s essential to minimize particle break-up. The NP Drumfilter is ideal for use in aquaculture applications as well as industrial and municipal water and waste-water treatment. The filter design ensures careful handling of solids, essential to achieve the high filtration efficiency required in many applications.
The improvements cover both the design and manufacturing stages, improving filtration performance whilst lowering investment, as well as operating and maintenance costs.
To ensure the highest standards of quality and quick delivery periods, all design work and manufacturing takes place in Sweden.
The development work leading up to the new NP Drumfilter covers the basic design principles, as well as a large number of detail refinements. For example:
- Drum design with support shaft and slide centre bearings at each end – improved structural integrity, reduced over-all weight and long life bearings help reduce investment and operational costs. (A)
- Increased drum length-to-diameter ratio – provides an increase in peak solids loading capacity. (A)
- Peripheral drive arrangement with lubricant-free non-metallic chain – reduced stress on the drum structure and drive arrangement, leading to reduced maintenance costs. (B)
- Choice of modular filter panel designs: PG panel with polypropylene grid for applications where delicate solids are lifted into the backwash trough by the grid structure, and the MR panel with 15% larger effective filter area, ideal for municipal tertiary treatment applications. (C)
- Single GRP access cover with stainless steel gas struts and safety switch – enhanced safety and access in service and maintenance. (D)
- Improved control panels – maximized energy efficiency with frequency controls for both motors and human-machine interface (HMI) allowing simple programming for site-specific parameters and data archive and analysis. (E)
- Modular design – increases manufacturing efficiency leading to reduced initial purchase cost and improved delivery periods.
- Integral emergency bypass – avoids the costs of an external bypass structure and protects the drumfilter from overloading.
- Freestanding stainless steel tank version.
- Stainless steel frame version.
- GRP tank version.
- Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
- Sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
- Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 sections
- Sizes: 1, 2, 3 and 4 sections
- Sizes: 1 section only