Ovaprim, the world leading spawning agent, is now the first legally marketed US FDA Indexed injection product for use with ornamental finfish broodstock (MIF 900-001). Ovaprim is a potent ovulating/spermiating agent used to promote and facilitate reproduction of many species of fish. Ovaprim is a stable solution that contains OvaRH and a dopamine inhibitor. Time to ovulation following Ovaprim injection is highly predictable, with high egg fertility and viability. Ovaprim utilizes the fish’s own endocrine system to safely induce maturation and coordinate spawning dates. When used in the normal spawning cycle, Ovaprim can synchronize and coordinate maturation in treated fish by inducing maturation without affecting viability or fecundity.
- Induce maturation within a spawning season
- Advance spawning date
- Coordinate and synchronize spawning times
- Increase milt production including increased sperm count
- Induce maturation in difficult species
- Induce spawning in the most important and difficult to spawn species