From Vacuum Filtration
With their horizontal filtration area, the pan filters enable an excellent cake washing. Main applications are the filtration and washing of coarse grained slurries, especially in bauxite and phosphate processing and in the fertilizer production.
BOKELA Pan Filters define the new standards of pan filter technology thanks to their innovative design and their excellent hydraulic capacity. They are characterised by:
- 50% higher filtration capacity
- intensive cake washing in a up to 3-step counter current washing
- 25% savings in wash liquid
- sharp split of the mother liquor from the wash filtrate
- even and homogeneous filter cake over the whole table surface thanks to a homogeneous slurry feeding - the so-called Forced Feeding System (top feed system)
- complete cake discharge even at high filter speed by a scroll which is variable in speed and height
- efficient heel removal by multiple re-slurrying
- reliable and safe operation by well-proven control philosophy
- high filter availability of more than 95%
- innovative filter cloth fixation, the so-called FrameTrakTM System (optional)
BOKELA Pan Filters are available with 25 m² to 68 m² filtration area.
All components like the feed system, the filter cells, the control valve, the cake wash system and the cake discharge system are of most modern design, ensuring the excellent hydraulic and easy maintenance of these filters.
Slurry Feeding with the Forced Feeding System (top feed system)
The Forced Feeding System ensures
- homogeneous slurry distribution over the whole table surface
- even cake thickness over the whole table radius that is very important for efficient cake washing
Hydraulically Optimised Filter Cell Design - 'Quick Drainage Cell'
BOKELA Pan Filters have 16 or 24 filer cells, depending on the filter size. The small cell volume and the special design of the Quick Drainage Cell enable
- accelerated emptying of the cell
- sharp split of the filtrates
- high efficiency of cake washing with 25% less wash water
The pre-separation control valve enables
- minimum pressure loss by separation of the filtrate/air mixture
- quick filtrate flow
Cake Wash System
The key features of the cake wash system are
- homogeneous distribution of the wash water over the whole pan surface
- high wash water flow
- no blocking of nozzles
- up to a 3-step counter-current washing
The variable speed and adjustable position enable the discharge scroll to completely discharge the cake even at high filter speed. Additionally, the remaining heel is minimum.
The heel remaining after cake discharge is removed from the filter cloth by air blow back and spray nozzles. This extends significantly the lifetime of the filter cloth.
Swivelled filtrate pipes can be optionally installed for facilitating the maintenance work, e.g. the replacement of the wear plate.
As an option, a steam hood can be installed for improving further the wash efficiency and for reducing residual moisture.
BOKELA Pan Filters are operated fully automatically. Their filter speed is controlled by the cake thickness that ensures a safe operation and an optimal cake washing.
BOKELA pan filters are mainly used for filtration and washing of coarse grained and fast settling suspensions. Main fields of applications are located in bauxite and phosphate processing and in fertilizer production. Typical application products are
- aluminium hydrate
- minerals and salts
- iron ore concentrate and other ore concentrates
- chemical products
- phosphoric acid
- phosphoric rock