The Bigham Paratill® lifts and bends subsoil to remove hardpans. The difference is in the award winning leg design. The leg is angled 45 degrees to the side at working depths of 12” to 17” to gently lift the soil, allowing it to fracture along its natural planes of weakness and then settle back again. This loosening improves water infiltration and drainage, encourages root development, and allows for deeper fertilizer placement. The gentle lifting action leaves topsoil and subsoil layers intact, minimizes clods, and leaves valuable residue on the surface.
Equip the Paratill® to match your operation. Placement of legs on centers of 20” to 28” provides Overall Loosening across the entire field. In addition, the legs can be spaced from 24” to 40” for Zone Loosening of row crops. A zone from 20” to 28” wide and up to 17” deep is prepared underneath the bed for superior root growth while maintaining firm traffic lanes between the rows.
- Heavy duty diamond mast frame has 4 x 7 x 3/8” tube on the front bar. The same frame can be used for zone loosening for 30 to 32” rows in most leg configurations. Heavy Category III wide hitch is standard on all models.
- Spring loaded swivel coulter with fluted blade provides up to 1200 pounds of residue slicing pressure.
- Each Leg is protected by six high quality replaceable wear surface parts.
- Screw Jack Gauge Wheels and 1 x 3” shanks with clamps (for bedding tools on the back bar) are included with selected models.
- Spring-loaded Swivel Coulters
- Slice through residue to prevent clogging and wrapping on tillage legs.
- Bedding Tools
- Finishing Tools
- Gauge Wheels
- Other Options