The PVP Perlite Grow Bag is ideally suited for new plants, rooting cuttings and hydroponic gardening. Plants are grown right in the Perlite grow bag which usually holds 3 to 4 plants and allows roots to grow through the Perlite growing medium. Because there is no soil mixed in with the Perlite growing medium, a drip irrigation system should be set up for use.
How to use a Perlite Grow Bag
- Place grow bags on bench, irrigation troughs or directly on floor.
- Cut small slots in side of bag, approximately one inch to drain excess water. The slots should be at the top of the desired water reservoir.
- Cut up to 3 holes in the top of the bag approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Using plant starting blocks position plants in holes cut in previous step.
- Install drip irrigation to irrigate each plant.
- Arrange proper support to enable plants to grow to desired height.
Benefits of using Perlite Grow Bags
- Higher yields - 7% more tomatoes then in Rock Wool.
- Perlite growing medium is sterile so there is no seed or bacteria contamination
- High water holding capacity and high capillary attraction
- High aeration ability
- Reusable for multiple growing cycles
- Easily disposed of after use