PHLAUER - Double Rotor Mixers
PHLAUER double rotor horizontal batch mixers mix in 30 SECONDS to Cv. 5%. Each rotor is an independent mixer and adding two rotors also adds a dynamic interchange between them that reduces mix time, and makes them ideal for adding liquids. It will mix different sizes and weights of particles.
- Very popular for low shear mixing, accurate liquid addition, high volume mixing. Examples include coffee beans, ground coffee, cereals,animal feeds, pet and aqua feed coating, convection drying.
- Double mixers solve the transportation problem in larger mixers, over 225 cu. ft. (4250 liters) to achieve high quality.
- High volume: we have mixers on 36 lb. (.6) bulk density doing 150 metric tonnes per hour.
- Sizes available from 2 cu. ft. (60 liters) to 600 cu. ft. (17,000 liters).
- Materials of construction: Carbon, Carbon/AR 400 min. Brinell, stainless steel Tp 304, Tp 316, SO17400 HT.
- Double rotor mixers may be close to the same price as a single for the same volume. It is a function of drive costs. A double rotor mixer is closer to being square and this can give better angles and solve flowability problems with hoppers going to a single outlet. Also, there may be better angles for discharge and better access for cleaning. See Easy Cleaning. Consider the total system before deciding.
- Double rotor mixers may be split for shipping and field assembled. Over 9 ft. wide domestically and 7 ft. by ocean, this option should be considered.