PLC Control Systems
As part of our system integration services, we design, manufacture, assemble, test and install a wide variety of automation systems. We primarily use PLCs when designing a control system and ensure each customer’s controls fit the exact requirements of their operation, whether it is wood processing, mining, oil and gas, or another industry. We are able to program on a variety of PLC brands, including Allen-Bradley, Telemechanique / Modicon (Schneider), Siemens, GE, Mitsubishi, and Omron.
MPM Engineering designs automation solutions for many components and machinery, such as:
- Log decks
- Primary and secondary breakdown
- Waste systems
- Lumber sorters
- Fluid control
- Heavy mining processing machinery
- Motor control centers
- Operator cabs
- Industrial computer rooms
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
We engineer and install operator consoles with graphical displays, and other message centers for operation status and keypads to record process information. MPM is able to integrate many different types of speed control systems, including variable frequency drives, into both our sawmill optimization solutions and other industrial solutions.
Traditionally our major source of projects, the wood processing and manufacturing industry has exposed our team to a wide variety of machinery and control systems. We have been developing control systems using programmable logic for over 30 years, starting with Reliance, Modicon, and Allen-Bradley PLC2 hardware. These days, we are primarily using the ControlLogix product line, but also keep current with competing controller brands.
We have applied our controls experience on a multitude of sawmill processes, including:
- Fixed and moving saw bucking systems
- Log rotation (flying roll, knuckle, and rotary style) with integrated correction
- Straight and curve-saw primary breakdown lines with dynamic motion control
- Green board edgers and trimmers
- Planer mill board trimmers
- Lumber sorting and stacking
- Waste systems
- Boilers and kilns