Model PLT - Poultry Litter Treatment Product
PLT-Poultry Litter Treatment has proven to be the most effective and economical litter acidifier available. PLT creates a beneficial environment in the poultry house by controlling ammonia released from the litter and reducing litter pH levels, allowing birds to optimize their genetic potential. The ammonia bound by PLT reduces environmental emissions and increases the nutrient value of poultry manure.
Flexible. PLT can be used in any litter-based commercial poultry operation including those that grow broilers, breeders, turkeys, commercial pullets and layers, quail, pheasants and ducks.
Easy & Safe Application. PLT can be applied using any type of spreader and it’s the only litter amendment that can be safely applied with birds in the house. Plus, PLT is the only litter amendment that is classified as non-hazardous and non-corrosive.
Fuel Savings. By immediately binding ammonia, PLT decreases ventilation needs, which reduces fuel costs.
Valuable Poultry Manure. By turning volatile ammonia into stable ammonium sulfate, the value of the poultry manure increases.
PLT Product Chemistry
When PLT is applied it breaks down into sodium, hydrogen and sulfate.
NaHSO–4 > Na+ + H+ + SO–4
The hydrogen lowers pH and converts ammonia into ammonium. This ammonium then binds to the sulfate portion keeping ammonia bound in the litter for the life of the flock. PLT is a safe mineral acid that breaks down into products naturally found in the environment.
PLT meets the guidelines of a green ingredient. It is:
- Ozone friendly
PLT follows the principles of Green Chemistry as described by the EPA and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control:
- The production process generates no waste and uses no solvents
- The process is analyzed in real time to prevent pollution and maximizes “atom economy” by containing all of the starting materials in the final products
- It is designed to be fully effective and has little toxicity
- It degrades after use breaking down into innocuous substances
- It is designed to minimize the potential for accidents including explosions, fires, and releases to the environment.