From Landscape Management
REACTIVE LAYERS COATING TECHNOLOGY
- Controlled Release
- Ultra-thin, ultra-tough polyurethane coating
- Unique coating process for consistent nitrogen (N) release
- Specially selected granules are round, uniformly sized and dust-free to facilitate coating process
- SGN options - micro, mini, and regular
- Thickness of coating determines longevity from 8 to 52 weeks
- Within a week of application, soil moisture penetrates the polymer coating through osmosis.
- Encapsulated nutrients are dissolved, but not released.
- Over time the dissolved nutrients slowly release through diffusion, only when triggered by soil temperature.
- After the complete release of nutrients, the polymer coating eventually decomposes by microbial activity into naturally occurring soil elements.
POLYON® controlled-release fertilizer is formulated for turf, landscape and nursery applications.
- Temperature-driven nutrient release, not affected by excess moisture or rainfall
- Consistent, predictable feeding; minimal surge growth and low burn potential
- Fewer applications save time and offer the ability to reallocate labor resources to other tasks
- Greener, healthier turf for the ultimate playing surface or lawn
- Dust-free handling and long shelf life due to durable coating
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, run-off or volatilization
Superintendents, lawn and landscape managers, and nursery and greenhouse growers will find POLYON® fertilizer in the sizes they need:
- Micro SGN options for golf greens
- Mini SGN options for golf tees and fairways
- Regular SGN options for golf, landscape and ornamental applications
Substrate options are also available with varying longevities:
- Urea 8 to 52 weeks
- Monammonium Phosphate 16 to 32 weeks
- Muriate of Potash up to 16 weeks
- Potassium Sulfate 16 to 32 weeks
- Magnesium Potassium Sulfate about 30 weeks
- Homogeneous NPKs, NPKs + minors
Release specifications for 80% total nutrient release at 86°F.