This test has been developed for monitoring the SCC of individual cows more frequently than is possible with monthly laboratory results. Cows harbouring sub-clinical infections will tend to have high somatic cell counts, spread disease and contribute disproportionately to rising bulk tank cell counts. By targeting selected cows for more frequent monitoring, swifter treatment and better clear-up rates can be achieved.
Features of the PortaSCC Milk Test:
- Read 45 - 60 minutes after adding milk to test strip.
- Read results by placing test strip in Digital Reader.
The test lets you:
- Check fresh calvers immediately before milk returned to tank.
- Monitor response to treatment – alerts you to a residual sub-clinical infection.
- Identify problem cows and quarters or follow up on cows identified by monthly laboratory tests.