PortaSCC - Quick Test
This has been developed for monitoring the SCC of individual cows more frequently than is possible with monthly laboratory results. Cows harbouring sub-clinical infections will tend to have high somatic cell counts, spread disease and contribute disproportionately to rising bulk tank cell counts. Better clear-up rates can be achieved by targeting selected cows for more frequent monitoring.
Features of the PortaSCC Quick Test:
- Results in 5 minutes.
- Read by comparing test strip with colour chart – no reader required.
- Easy to use and inexpensive.
The test lets you:
- Check fresh calvers immediately before milk returned to tank.
- Monitor response to treatment – alerts you to a residual sub-clinical infection.
- Identify problem cows and quarters or follow up on cows identified by monthly laboratory tests.