Power Partners - Model T-T - Three-Phase Transformers
Power Partners' T-T, or T-connected, overhead distribution transformers can be used for most three-phase applications up to 500 kVA. T-connected transformers consist of two single-phase core/coil assemblies. This type of connection is also referred to as a Scott-T connection.
For three-phase applications in which large motors are the load and these motors are frequently started, Triplex designed three-phase transformers are required rather than T-T transformers. Oil field pumping loads and some irrigation pumping loads should use only the Triplex designs as well. ISO 9001: 2008 Certified.
- Wound core with step-lap joints for increased efficiency and lower noise levels.
- Progressively wound coils with adhesive resins on insulating paper or conductors for increased short circuit strength, efficiency, and thermal strength.
- CSP protection package available as an option for increased protection against surge currents, short circuits, and overloads:
- Primary protective links
- Surge arresters
- Secondary circuit breaker
- Secondary breaker operating handle with emergency overload reset and overload signal light
- Self-venting and resealing cover that eliminates the need for an auxiliary pressure-relief device and offers increased safety through higher tank withstand.
- Durable, corrosion-resistant paint finish.
- Cover has 15 kV dielectric insulation and increased resistance to corrosion. The cover is sloped 15, preventing water from collecting and thereby reducing the chances of corrosion and leaking.
- Lighter weight, lower cost, and cleaner installations than conventional three-phase design.