Power Partners - Three-Phase Triplex Transformer
The Power Partners Triplex overhead distribution transformer can be used to serve three-phase applications through 225 kVA. Triplex designs consist of three separate, single-phase, core-coil assemblies in one tank. Triplex overhead distribution transformers are often used to serve large motor loads where the motors are frequently started. Oil field pumping loads and some irrigation pumping loads should use only Triplex designs. Also, the Triplex transformer has international application where Dy5 and Dy11 phase displacement are required. ISO 9001: 2008 Certified.
- Wound core with step-lap joints for increased efficiency and lower noise levels.
- Progressively wound coils with adhesive resins on insulating paper or conductors for increased short circuit strength, efficiency, and thermal strength.
- CSP protection package available as an option for increased protection against surge currents, short circuits, and overloads:
- Primary protective links
- Surge arresters
- Secondary circuit breaker
- Secondary breaker operating handle with emergency overload reset and overload signal light
- Three-point, core-coil bracing for increased mechanical strength.
- Self-venting and resealing cover that eliminates the need for an auxiliary pressure-relief device and offers increased safety through higher tank withstand.
- Durable, corrosion-resistant paint finish.
- Cover has 15 kV dielectric insulation and increased resistance to corrosion. The cover is sloped 15, preventing water from collecting and thereby reducing the chances of corrosion and leaking.