Unistock Forward Catch Cattle Headgate
The new Unistock Forward Catch Cattle Headgate, winner of the Dr Alban Davies Trophy 2011, is robustly built and can be fitted to the Unistock Cattle Crate MK1, Unistock Cattle Crate MK2 and the Unistock Mobile Cattle Crate or supplied on its own for use in a race system. It has been designed to meet the need of farmers who still require the ease and reliability of an auto yoke but have some quieter or stubborn cattle which will not push traditional auto catch headgates into the locked position. It is fitted as standard on the new Unistock Squeeze Crate.
Unlike other systems currently available on the market, which are dependent on the movement of the animal to drive the doors of the yoke into the latch position, the New Forward Catch Headgate allows the headgate doors to lie in a forward catch position, encouraging the animal to enter the headgate more readily. The uniquely designed latch then takes advantage of the animal's natural reaction to back away from the headgate in an attempt to free itself as it is this backwards movement that completes the capture process. The Unistock Forward Catch Cattle Headgate retains all the benefits of the standard Unistock Cattle Headgate as it can also be set in the traditional auto catch position where the doors lie inwards towards the animal when in the set position.
Principal benefits of the new system have shown themselves to be firstly, a greatly improved first time capture rate and secondly a significant reduction in animal and stock-worker stress levels.
- Greatly improved first time capture rate.
- Significant reductions in animal and stock-worker stress levels.
- Designed to meet the needs of farmers who have some quieter and/or stubborn cattle yet who still want the ease and reliability of an automatic capture system.
- The New Unistock Forward Catch Cattle Headgate is also unique in that it catches the animal in either a forwards or backwards movement.
- Special arrangement enables manual operation if required in the case of horned cattle or bull with neck wider than head.
- Instantly and safely adjustable neck bars mean that all sizes of cattle can be catered for without the need for tools or add-on accessories.
- Poll Bar slides up and down on the box section frame and can be locked in the desired position by a simple trigger mechanism. The Poll Bar is operated from outside the extremity of the headgate offering safe operation.
- Gate Handle - also located on the outside of frame for safe operation can be used to lock the headgate open when there is a requirement to run through a number of animals.
- The Unistock Forward Catch Cattle Headgate is fully sheeted eliminating the opportunity for the animal's legs or feet to become trapped.