Model PRI-II - Pipeline Cleaning Pig Location System - Electronic Pipeline Cleaning Pig Detector
PolyEurope’s Pig Location System PRI-II is a complete system for tracking and locating pipeline tools, based on pulsed ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) electromagnetic field transmitters, which can be received outside steel pipelines. The system is independent of the pipeline contents and works equally well in all liquids, such as crude oil, water, and refined products, and gases, such as methane, air, nitrogen, etc.
The Pig Location System PRI-II consists of two elements: a receiver with a hand held antenna (PRI-II) and a transmitter. Both are equipped with batteries; therefore neither charging nor external power supply is required. The receiver provides the possibility to store detailed information about the pig passage in the memory. These data blocks can be displayed or transferred to a PC/Laptop via a built-in RS232 interface.
PolyEurope’s Electronic Pig Detector PRI-II detects the signal transmitted by any pig location transmitter and has the following key features:
- External antenna with carrying handle
- Digital filtering of signals to exclude disturbance from other sources
- Audible signal
- Digital display with pig passage time memory for unattended operation
- Analogue visual display of signal pulse strength, for accurate location (location accuracy
- +/- 15 % of pipeline depth) and pipeline depth measurements
- Storage of up to 10 passage times, with download option
- Pushbutton operated menu for setting time, receiver mode, automatic or manual gain, battery check and reading out data
The PRI- II complete with antenna is supplied in an aluminium transport case.