Prickly Rose (Rosa Acicularis)
This shrub reaches 4 ft tall with showy, single pink flowers and dense, prickly stems. Blooms late May to July. These blooms are usually followed by smooth rosehips which can be used to make tea. The rosehips are known to have a very high Vitamin C content.
- Water Needs: Moderate
- Foliage Color: Green
- Flower Attributes: Fragrant, Showy Flowers
- Landscape Uses: Border, Barrier, Hedge, Mass Planting
- Garden Styles: Cottage, Edible, Traditional
- Light Needs: Full Sun
- Plant Types: Shrubs, Roses
- Height: 48-60'
- Spread: 48-60'
- Flower Colors: Pink
- Flower Seasons: Spring, Summer
- Special Features: Attracts Butterflies, Fall Colour
- Growth Habits: Right, Upright
- Cold Hardiness: Zone 2