Profile - Biotic Soil Media (BSM)
Soils and substrates associated with denuded sites from construction, mining, energy development and other land disturbing activities are inherently lacking in organic matter, nutrients and biological activity essential to sustainable vegetative establishment. Ideally these sites would be covered with several inches (centimeters) of rich fertile topsoil to help develop a reasonable growing medium. However, there is simply not enough suitable or reasonably priced topsoil to ameliorate inhospitable conditions on every site.
Patent-pending ProGanics™ Biotic Soil Media™ (BSM™) has been designed as a topsoil alternative that accelerates the development of depleted soils/substrates with low organic matter, low nutrient levels and limited biological activity. ProGanics is not a direct replacement for expensive topsoil, but provides an abundant source of organic matter and soil building components to quickly modify soil chemistry, initiate growth establishment and buildup of the uppermost “O” and “A” soil horizons.
Unlike peat harvested from fragile wetlands, all components of the ProGanics Biotic Soil Media blend are naturally derived and renewable, and engineered to optimize moisture retention, growth and establishment of vegetation. Request a free trial and see for yourself.
- ProGanics saves time and money where the cost of topsoil is prohibitive
- ProGanics can be used on challenging sites with difficult access and on steep slopes where topsoil placement is impractical
- ProGanics is an excellent option when soils are too wet or frozen to dig, transport and spread
- Quick and easy loading
- Engineered to shoot smoothly for optimum performance
- Applying ProMatrix™ EFM™ or Flexterra® HP-FGM™ over ProGanics will provide near perfect erosion control