Promat - Pasture Mat System
From Cow Comfort Products
Research has indicated that cows spend an average daily resting time of 15 hrs in pasture, however, when confined to a barn that resting time is significantly less. The Pasture Mat, by Promat, recreates the characteristics of a pasture therefore increasing the amount of rest time.
The difference is due to the surface the cow lays on. Installation of the Pasture Mat® system provides ideal indoor surfaces needed for the cows’ comfort. Strong, durable, and easy to maintain, Pasture Mat® absorbs the shock repeated impacts and eliminates the risk of injury.
There are 3 main reasons why installing the Pasture Mat® system is the right choice for you and your cows.
- A comfortable cow is a healthy, productive, stress free animal.
- Pasture Mat® provides a resilient stall surface that mimics nature.
- Pasture Mat® provides a firm, but soft footing with no pillowing inwards. This is an ideal surface for bedding materials.
- Unlike our competitors, Pasture Mat® also takes into account a vital and relatively unknown fact of cow physiology: the free fall. In the process of lying down, a cow actually freefalls the last 10-12 inches (25-30 cm). As you can imagine, the impact of a 1500 pound (690 kg) animal on a hard concrete floor is considerable. Pasture Mat® is shock absorbent and will greatly reduce the risk of injury.
- Pasture Mat® is a patented design using multiple cells. These cells are filled with uniform sized rubber crumb . The Pasture Mat® is protected by a durable top covering. It has been proven over time that our top cover is the longest lasting cover in the world. The engineered nylon mesh scrim makes it the number one animal mattress worldwide.
- There are three top covers to choose from: the CS Wax Coated top cover (fabric based, and impregnated with wax to allow breathability); VRC cover (vulcanized rubber coating); and the Heifer cover (specifically designed for the needs of Heifers).
- Each component of Pasture Mat® is the result of observation and study based on various farms throughout the world. The result is a revolutionary cow mattress that will not tear, stretch, deform or lose its resilience. The waste and movement of the animal does not negatively affect the performance of the Pasture Mat.
- Each Pasture Mat® is manufactured with quality and integrity, guaranteeing superior performance.
- The Pasture Mat® system can be installed quickly and easily. Pasture Mat® can be installed directly on your existing concrete floors, saving you time and money.
- The patented design means there is less bedding material needed. Research has shown that Pasture Mat® is the equivalent of 3 or more inches of bedding. This allows the small amount of bedding used to be a hygienic component and not a comfort component.
- Pasture Mat® retains the original shape allowing for easy clean up and maintenance.