Model PSM CS - Sunflower Harvester Adapter
The PSM CS sunflower harvester adapters serve for the harvesting of the fully matured sunflower. The CS marking indicates folding equipment. The fundamental operating mechanism of the new PSM-type sunflower harvesting adapter is identical to that of the known OptiSun adapters, meaning that it features all their beneficial properties. A revolutionary new solution is the low-built stalk crusher that offers further benefits for users. Each row unit features a gathering chain providing smooth material flow to the rotary knife mechanism and clean cut of the sunflower stems.
Lightweight row dividers assembled with vibrating catch pans minimize shattering loss, furthermore provide smooth and uniform material flow to the gathering conveyor and the feeder house.
The low profile floating lifters minimize harvest loss even at lodged down crop conditions.
The side panels of the adapter work as excellent row dividers eliminating loss or fall-out of the sunflower heads from the adapter at the side rows.
Simple, durable drive line with built-in safety clutch results ease of maintenance and high technical reliability.
The PSM CS sunflower adapters are available with plastic or steel lifters upon customer’s demand. Use of plastic lifters results smoother and more gentle lifting of the sunflower stalks/heads, furthermore features excellent corrosion resistance.
The PSM CS series adapters are equipped with a special connecting frame, which provides quick coupling to any combine makes specified by the customer. On placing order of your PSM CS sunflower adapter – for the right connecting frame –, please specify exact type and year of manufacturing of your combine.
About the stalk crusher:
The crushing structure is driven hydraulically. The power is transmitted from the combine’s feeder via the cardan shaft. The hydraulic system of the crusher is independent from the hydraulic system of the combine.
The stalk crusher structure has as many vertical-axle rotors as the number of the rows to be harvested, and they have bearings in pairs, in shared housings.
The stalk crusher can be operated in soil duplication mode.
The structure is elevated and depressed by the hydraulic system of the operating combine.
The crushing structure demands cc. 10% additional fuel consumption.
PSM CS adapters has been designed to fold under the adapter in the elevated position of the stalk crusher structure in order to ensure proper use in low-grown or bent stocks similarly to traditional adapters.
- power and machine demand of stalk crushing
- as well as their fuel and labour costs.
- Low rate of harvest loss: 0,4-0,5% (Operational data are valid for average harvesting conditions)
- Ease of operation
- Can be ordered for any combine type
- Quick detachable – no tools required
- Ease of maintenance
- High technical reliability
- Plugging-free operation at lodged down or weedy crop conditions
- High field performance
- Working speed: 8-10 km/h
- Harvesting and stalk crushing in the same phase
- Option for immediate soil tilling after harvesting
- Reduced soil treading damage
- Chips are spread on the stubble field by the stalk crusher
- No damage on the rubber tyre tread by the stalk stumps
- No damage by the stalk stumps on the low-mounted units of the combine or transportation vehicles