Model R-Series - Tunnel Detectors
From Coded Wire Tags
The Rectangular Tunnel Detectors are the largest of Northwest Marine Technology's complement of detectors. The Rectangular Detectors accommodate large, single fish such as salmonids approaching 50 pounds; the continuous flow of fish such as pollock or herring; or batches of fish such as bushels of shrimp or scallops. The detection capabilities of the rectangular technology are superior to any other detector ever produced.
- The R8000 weighs 64 pounds, is 15 1/2inches wide, 11 7/8 inches high and 41 3/8 inches long. The tunnel's inside dimension is 4 inches x 7 7/8 inches.
- The R95000 weighs 98 pounds, is 17 1/8 inches wide, 13 inches high and 48 1/2 inches long. The tunnel's inside dimension is 4 5/8 x 9 1/2.
- Rectangular Detectors are designed to be rugged while still being lightweight and performing as a precision instrument. A protective transit case is an available option for the R8000.
- Collapsible aluminum tubular legs can be fitted on either model.
- Rectangular Detectors are designed to detect tagged fish moving through the unit within a range of speeds, chosen to accommodate fish sliding down an angled tube under the influence of gravity. A tagged fish is indicated visually via an LED and audibly by a beeper.
- Rectangular Detectors can also drive additional instruments such as gates, beepers or lights.
- An available option for the Rectangular Detectors is a bolt-on diverter gate for use when sampling single fish such as salmon. Both the detector or the gate can be powered by either batteries or external power. A gate on either model adds approximately 13 inches to the length.